Not another TL-01 Project. Cheep (RC) Skids. Pic Heavy.

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Ashley, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Ashley

Ashley Young'n

It shouldn't make any difference. I have a spare anyways. :)

2. Ashley

Ashley Young'n

Small Update - Suspension 'Upgrades'

Few little adjustments recently thanks to the advice of SoulRC, although it's a bit ghetto for their standard. :wack:

Basically I needed stiffer suspension all round as it has the standard 'rally' shocks on it, although I'm convinced that they are the same as the touring car shocks.

No adjustment at all and didn't have any clips for the springs so compromised.

Standard Setup:
    [​IMG]

Just used random plastic clips that are meant to be used to hold photo frames on the wall:
    [​IMG]

They just popped off on high speed impact so used a cable tie to secure them:
    [​IMG]

Stayed on lovely for hours with no faults and they made the handling soooo much better, drastically reduced the under steer and the massive body roll. :D

I did also make the front shocks as angled as possible and the rears as upright as possible to get the back end out easier a low speed and technical corners.

I will keep adjusting toe and camber to get the set up right, but is drastically better already!

Oh... and cheep tyres are shit...obviously.
    [​IMG]

How the chassis sits currently:
    [​IMG]

I will try and get some footage with the new track layout tomorrow and pop it on here.

#42 Ashley, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  3. Ashley

Ashley Young'n

Little gif:

[​IMG]

4. mallen

mallen New Member

Awesome!

5. Ashley

Ashley Young'n

Cheers! Few updates coming this week.

6. Hotten

Hotten New Member

Some nice projects here. I also want to build a drift car for myself. But lack of time motivated me to buy ready to run rc drift car. I browsed the internet and found a cool Porsche drift car at Flying Fish Porsche Electric RC Drift Car - 2.4GHz , at very fair price of $129.99/- This HSP Flying Fish represents a new generation of 1/10 scale on road drift RC car. This RTR Radio Controlled Drift car is electric powered and perfect for indoor or outdoor drifting. What do you suggest guys? Did I make the right choice?