S13 200sx wont take throttle

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by rava712, Nov 3, 2014.

1. rava712

rava712 Member

Nice one ye got 3 resistors have tried them and 4 ecu. All seem to run car the same. Does anyone know what the numbers mean on ecu. Got 2 with 79 on them and 2 with other numbers on them

2. rava712

rava712 Member

3. rava712

rava712 Member

4. rava712

rava712 Member

This is the ecu and resistors I have. Dont really know what (if anything) is the difference between them

5. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Hit the search function on SXOC, the numbers will tell you if it's facelift or pre-facelift, also if it's auto or manual.

IIRC you can't mix pre-facelift ECU with facelift AFM and Lambda and vice-versa.

6. rava712

rava712 Member

Nice one bro didnt know that have been messing about trying all of them could be working against each other. Will check on sxoc to find out. Nice one for tip and other advice give n r3k. Very much appreciated xx

7. gary g

gary g Member

Pull the dipstick while its runnin of theres air coming out its not good best do a compression test then

8. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

Have you done basic shit like checked the timing dude?? If this is ok and basics are OK dirty MAF will do this or blocked exhaust will do this too, has your baffle collapsed??? A CA will generally get to full revs with most of the electronics unplugged so don't waste too much time checking pissy little bits, it may be way more simple than you think, always go back to basics first my man.

9. rava712

rava712 Member

Have got car stripped at moment just painting it. Have checked timing and compression all good. Will get back to yous all when get car cleaned up and running again. Cheers all

10. rava712

rava712 Member

Hi all just got car back together and still looking for the revving issue. The car is still showing 23 and 45(idle switch and injector leak). The car was running fine when first started after few months then tried again it was revving all the way with hesitation and not idling well. I have installed an intercooler and when I take the pipe off going into the manifold it seems to run better but not perfect. I think the TPS is set correctly as it was set by the voltage method. All earths have been thouroughly checked for connection. Got fuel pump connected straight to battery as not got all of the loom inside of the car connected yet. Any help would, again, be greatly appreciated.

11. rava712

rava712 Member

Is it possible the car requires a dump valve??

#31 rava712, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  12. rava712

rava712 Member

Quick update people my problem all along on the car was the fuel pump or its holder. The other fuel pump holder was wired up wrong by a cowboy who thought he knew the cables ( bullshit artist). I will try the old fuel pump in morning and let yous know. That was around 4 weeks wasted on this and tried everything I could think of in this time. Buzzing that it sorted and it goes to show it usually the simple things that let you down. Enough time wasted on it