ken block's hoonicorn

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by deadcluch, Nov 29, 2014.

1. deadcluch

deadcluch Member

I am not a big fan of the guy (i enjoy his videos but imho too money and too hipe for what he does), but i do like the car (hoonicorn) used in Gymkhana 7. Just wondering.. how much can a build like this cost (pure curiosity), and why the hell did he transform it to 4x4??

2. 340mike

340mike Member

My guess at 'Why 4wd?' is because he cant do any of the stuff he did in a RWD car?
    'Hoonicorn' was basically just one of his Fiesta's with 200 more hp and a bigger body on top,
    i'm not sure any of that car was original so its hardly anymore impressive than any other videos he's done...
    Even the suspension was push-rod actuated...
    How Mustang was that?

As to the cost, Most i've read guess at well into 6 figures...

3. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

The car is an insane spec, 100k wouldn't even scratch the surface in parts alone, never mind labour.

The transmission alone will cost you about 100k all in I reckon, fucking Rally Raid stuff, world class, miles away from anything you normally see.

Converted to 4x4 as it suits the stuff he does. But a total waste, so much potential in that car and location for that video, and its wank, grip, handbrake, donut, grip, handbrake, donut, over and over and over.

4. deadcluch

deadcluch Member

Thanks guys, i am happy to know that i am not the only one to think this.. big money, holliwood-like filming, lots of hipe, to see only u turns and dounuts..
    As per 4x4, i was wondering what is the technique to drift them?

5. GarglingGas

GarglingGas New Member

The technique for awd drifting is 845 horses.

6. B3AM3R

B3AM3R Member

It's basically something like a WRC Rally Car with some other mods.
    A WRC Car cost is up to 2million€, because of the low quantity and the expensive Engeneering costs. If it would be a little series I would guess it's still at least 600K. No single private man can come anywhere near this. You can modify an Subaru STi relatively easy, or an Evo or an GTR. 100K would be enough to pump them up to spin all 4 wheels everytime you look at the throttle.
    That Gymkhana Thing is just a Monster with Fiesta Headlights. There could be every other face on it. Underneath it has absolutely nothing to do with the original Fiesta, not even the Chassis is the same.

The technique drifting a gripping AWS car is E-brake or feint it into insane angles where every RWD is lost, steering almost straight and full throttle. It's just the Power.
    Here is an onboard footage from the alm racing Audi S2 at Gatebil.