Parking ticket

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Matts Turbo'd, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Matts Turbo'd

Matts Turbo'd Member

Right had a look on the web but nothing that covers my situation.

Sat in car on a single yellow within the point i could get a ticket, waiting for a mate to come out of work.

Car pulls up and parks behind me and guy sits in car for 5 or so mins, when he emerges from the car i realize he is a parking enforcement officer. As he walks past my car and as i had window down i say hello and wish him a good day and proceeds past to write a ticket for the car parked in front of me with no occupant in, i then drive round and park a in a street 5 mins from my mates work with no restrictions.

What i want to know is will i have got a parking ticket because he was sneaky and ticketed my car while he was sat in his and will appear in the post , or does he have to physically attach a ticket to my car. Not to bothered as technically in the wrong but could do with saving myself the 60 odd quid fine.

What do you guys think.

#1 Matts Turbo'd, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. Cades

Cades Member

Was under the impression the ticket had to physically be on your car. Doubt you've anything to worry about.

3. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

unless he puts the ticket on your car and takes a pic then the ticket wont hold up in court.

4. Matts Turbo'd

Matts Turbo'd Member

excellent.

Thought he might try be cheeky and give me one while he was in his car, but hopefully i got nothing to worry about i would of protested it because he didn't take a picture of my car anyway. but just wanted to double check my assumption of it had to be placed on the car was correct.

5. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

I'd imagine he thought better of sticking a ticket on your car due to the possibility of you getting out and thumping him.

(Not that you would)

6. Matts Turbo'd

Matts Turbo'd Member

wouldn't surprise me if that's what he thought having seen me in my car but was polite enough to him and he was polite back so cant complain

7. Richie ae86

Richie ae86 Member

i know here in ireland the ticket does not have to be stuck to the car, all the traffic warden has to say is that you drove away as he was printing the ticket but he does need a picture of your car commiting the offence

8. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Yea but the old bill are bent as f**k over there so thats no surprise.

9. Richie ae86

Richie ae86 Member

Yup and it's all about the revenue. Being working as a traffic warden myself the past 9 months. Fucking cunt of a job but it's all I could find at the time. I've been called into the office a few times because I'm not giving out enough tickets. Hopefully find something else soon. Anyway back on topic.