Drift Spec Toyota Prius in D1GP

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by dragos1989, Jan 20, 2015.

1. gunner

gunner Member

That is not the first Electric drift car in the world! Toyota are a year behind!!
    That Prius looks so dead! Would not pull you out of bed!!:cry:

EV west have there second car being built now, originally was this E36 back in 2013!!
    Only problem they have is the torque is so snappy, and so high there is no clutch/trans available on the market to stop them breaking gearbox's for drifting, even all the drag car gearbox applications are not good enough.

Electric cars have some future in racing like Formula E but they need alot of development for a Pro drift car to keep up with the level at the moment!

2. docwra

docwra Active Member

Thats awesome, christ knows how they are going to get round the clutch thing though - Teslas and the like are CVT which I guess means no clutch kicking ........ although DSG's can still be drifted without a clutch, bet a Tesla drivetrain isnt cheap though :eek:

3. Ali

Ali 4x4via

You'd have thought with the right calibration it wouldn't be an issue. Can't calibrate the drivetrain impact from a clutch kick but could limit the torque output when snapping to WOT with a motor, effectively giving the same as a clutch kick on an IC engine without the clutch kick action. Bit of a job mind...

4. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

The electric buzzing noise is gonna drive me nuts in no time. It's like having a coil whine on computers. I rather have my neighbour starts his chopper every morning than have that noise every time I drive

5. Dante_Miguel

Dante_Miguel New Member

Que autos de e supepre. Preciosos

6. bkvj

bkvj enden?

For a win electric shit has a long, long time go. Just looking at Porsche with their 918 road car, it can barely do a full lap of a track on full power (engine + full electo magic) before it has to recharge the next couple of laps. IIRc at road atlanta it was .8 and 1.5s slower over a 3 lap sprint using the maximum power...the power difference noted was because of electricity running out.

I like electricity as an aid or even to trundle round town using no power, but it's not completely the future. Hydrogen is. Electric is the CD in the middle of the casette vs cloud.thing.