777s12

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Van_Denton, Sep 13, 2014.

1. s98rehm

s98rehm Member

Don't do it! Looks sweet on stock fenders

2. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

Do it!!! Looks rad

3. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

Thanks guys, will have to see when I get tyres for the fronts, Im too old now to be messing with the police about my car!

Managed to do a few more jobs on this, un blocked the rear wiper wash, probably got legionnaires disease now!

Got my self a walbro pump, took out the old pump and wow, what the hells all this? Its got a pressure regulator on and everything! Need to read up abit more on this swap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poked about in the sill for a bit, not too bad, should be pretty straight forward to repair.

[​IMG]

Tidied up some of the wiring.

[​IMG]

Made a start on these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that's it for another weekend.

#23 Van_Denton, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

Burn the over fenders to death. This car is spot on with out them dude. Ill pay you £2 to not put them on.

5. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

Got me some tyres! Had to get them delivered to work and I work in London, you don't see too many people with a pair of tyres on the tube!

[​IMG]

Got some motorbike valves, don't want no curb feelers!!

[​IMG]

lol

They fit much better than the 9's. Might have to raise it a little!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

did a few other things too. Just need to finish the sill and sort the other rear arch out.

6. driftyste

driftyste Member

Mate always loved s12s looks bad ass without the overfenders

7. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Really like this! :thumbs: Subscribed.

8. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

thanks a lot guys, appreciate your comments.

Only a small update.

[​IMG]

There was a little bit of rust on the rear panel below the lights.

[​IMG]

Gone.

[​IMG]

Needed some big ass anti roll bar brackets to make it fit.

Finally wheels done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Needed to make the wing flare out abit and noticed that there used to be a bracked steadying the wing. So made a new one and extended it out abit.

[​IMG]

9. tomkouki

tomkouki New Member

Hey man, i love the stance of your s12.
    Would you mind sharing the offsets of those wheels?

10. keef247

keef247 Member

this looks sick mate well done! love S12's my mate used to have till some cunt burned it out on a joyride :(

11. i11matic1795

i11matic1795 Member

Looks great that mate, awesome stance!

12. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

Thanks a lot guys. Deciding whether to MOT it next week or wait till the new year!?! Dunno. When that's done will get the diff welded.
    At the moment my turbo smokes pretty bad in the engine bay and not out the exhaust, do you reckon that's an MOT fail?

Tom, the wheel specs are 8"-20 on the front and 9" -30 on the rear.

13. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

Havnt done anything over Christmas been slammed with work, but I gathered some parts. Had half a day on it though. This is where I am.

[​IMG]

As the little T25 smokes I got myself a disco potato! a gt2860R hopefully this future proofs things for a while. I think It has quite a high psi actuator, I wanna be able to run low boost and slightly higher via the boost controller so I need to find a 12-14 actuator? would the t25 one fit? wonder what that is rated at? probably 5 or something.

Got a catch can to plumb in also.

[​IMG]

A brace bar from a s13, saw that on the internets, these apparently fit if you cut off the mounting points and re-weld further in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although this one is still too long and I will have to cut the actual brace bar in half as the end of the bar sits over the inner strut mount bolt, guess I shoulda measured first!!.

So maybe I wil cut and re-weld it but am worried about the structural integrity of the bar although im not sure how much force these bars actually put up with so im guessing it will be OK?

One thing that makes me laugh is at the current ride height which is the frame rails sit about 2 inches form the ground im maxed out on the coilover, I cant go higher if I want to!!!

[​IMG]

So took the old manifold and turbo off, hate doing this as its such a bastard, so difficult to get those nuts under the manifold, I think ive got the hang of it now though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need to sort out how the elephant trunk will fit to the bigger inlet and am hoping the intercooler pipes will line up as they are all completely solid so theres no wiggle room.

I hate the rear arches on this thing, one is mashed from an previous owner accident that has now been stretched and doesn't look that good and the other was pretty rusty that I repaired but its not good and the arch hole is now slightly flattened with the rolling so looks bad too. Sooooo.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

obviously have to trim it and think about how to best weld it in, need to check with the wheel too for that perfect fitment!!! ;)

Tried to find a metal arch with the same diameter and style but slightly wider, might not use the full wideness might cut it down a bit, need to see with the wheel on.

Also noticed the pads at the rear where low and that the rear nearside handbrake wasn't working, need to figure out why still but here was the pads!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so that's where I am.

Still a million things to do!

14. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

Sick. Like the rear quarter. i owe you £2.

15. Siccario

Siccario New Member

hi mate, what kind of fender flares are these you tried? fabricate? shop?

thanks

16. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

Yes you do! yes you do.

- - - Updated - - -

"mate, what kind of fender flares are these you tried? fabricate? shop?"

will have a look when I go back to the unit on Saturday for ya!

17. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

Right, a micro update. Managed to fit the new turbo!

[​IMG]

Now as I need a 76mm to 57mm stepdown it pushes the elephant trunk out and into the power steering pump and puts the filter further out. What do other people do? should I make it all out of silicon bends? what do I do about the breather that goes into the air filter?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

only problem I have now is the 1mm restrictor wont screw into the block, the restrictor I bought is on the right,-4an to M11.

[​IMG]

Had abit of a mare with the rear caliper, basically the handbrake side was seized off so I took the spring off and hit it! Now its stuck on and wont release! lol it was a right pig to change the pads too!

[​IMG]

Oh and I have a little rebuild project!! :)

[​IMG]

#37 Van_Denton, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  18. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

Very little progress on this at the mo, im just waiting on parts.

[​IMG]

this is all trimmed up and waiting to get welded in. I think it will look OK and allow me to run it a bit lower at the back and properly tuck the tyre into the arch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cant get an m12x1 1mm restrictor, they simply don't exist. So will weld up the ali one and drill a 1mm hole!!

[​IMG]

Handbrake cable is totally seized and its gonna take 3 monthes to get one from blueprint, will have to ring Nissan now I guess if this bucket of diesel don't work!!

[​IMG]

19. Munkul

Munkul Active Member

Much respect for taking a mingin old s12 and giving it some love and awesomeness.

I love the way they look (yours is no exception) but it takes a special kind of person to put the effort into it that's required.

You've taken a scrapheap dodger and turned it into something that's shaping up to be badass, good work :)

20. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

Hey Munkul, thanks for your kind words, yeah your right it does take a special kind of idiot to put all this effort into a near worthless car but that's what I do! Have a vw transporter that's worthless cept for the Subaru engine and Porsche 911 brakes all round! lol.

For my next car I want to get a 240/60/80 Z something that rewards you back!

Right, another piss poor micro update here.

Managed to get the arch extension ready, made a bit of a mistake before so had to weld it up.

[​IMG]

So used it as a template for the other side.

[​IMG]

before...

[​IMG]

after the wheel of death...

[​IMG]

so its all trimmed up and ready just need to sort out how to extend the inner arch, then do it all again for the other side!

[​IMG]

oh and had to order a handbrake cable from the states as I couldn't get one here, worked out cheaper too including tax and shipping so that's winging its way to the hamptons.