My BURST inspired S13.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by PikeyMike, Mar 1, 2015.

1. chidley

chidley i like fingers

amen brother

2. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

I don't see why everybody flames!!
    It's his car and he can do what he wants with it
    There's soooo many people copying Ken blocks stickers, most of you run copy wheels and copy body kits
    It's quite nice to see somebody doing what they want (I bet the burst team would quite like it) rather than slapping yet another rocket bunny fake on a rusty turd for scene points

3. Srs_721

Srs_721 Member

So much drama haha

4. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

I read a few replies, then got bored.

I think its cool. I don't understand the problem. its CLEARLY not an official Burst team car..
    The amount of dickheads in the world and ya'll pick on this guy for putting a sticker on a car he built? Lame.

5. angrydan

angrydan raaage

DMAX GRAPHICS. Not a single Dmax part on the car. Just some uk copy works 9 kit.

Close but no cigar lad.

6. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

I know I sound harsh but i agree, your car you do what you want, its just my opinion and im entitled to that. Like I say you post pics of your car for comments and you should be prepared for good and bad.

Personally, I think the UK is so far behind a lot of other places in the world in terms of well built, good style cars (NZ, Aus, US, Japan of course), and its frustrating more people over here arent pushing for similar stuff and taking a better mindset towards it. Obviously its down to personal preference, im all for someone doing what they want with their own possessions, i'm just really not into this type of car at all. So dont be offended, clearly you're doing what you want. Ciao

7. sukhy96

sukhy96 Member

X2 on styling front... And the rest actually ^

8. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

Who cares what opinionated assfaces think? It's not my thing, but if you like it, fuck it. Drive it hard and eveyone will shut up. Only the driving matters.

I've sent the link to Naoki to have a look at. I'd imagine he will be stoked to see love for burst outside of japan.

9. Pikey

Pikey Active Member

He's even nicked the line out of my signature :D

10. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

i get why people are slagging the car because hes copying burst, i think the main angle im coming from is that the car generally looks dreadful haha

id be so embarrassed driving that. nakamura im sure will shit himself with laughter when he sees this

11. dave_t

dave_t Member

You have to be retarded to even class this as a Burst replica.

It's a UK S13 with a Burst'esque paint job & replica works9 kit, with replica reprinted Burst & D-Max stickers.

If I painted my S15 Orange and slapped a confederate flag on the roof it doesn't make it The General Lee does it?

Jesus Christ, if you had just gone your own way with this car instead of copying someone else's style you would be getting positive comments right now.

12. PikeyMike

PikeyMike Member

Jesus this escalated quickly,
    Mitto, that's awesome I'd love to hear what he says.

As for the comments about it being a shit replica, it's not a replica. It's not a PS, the Wing is wrong, the Kit is wrong, I've taken the colour scheme ideas ( different pink/purple with metal flake ).

This hatred is unbelievable haha

13. sukhy96

sukhy96 Member

Title needs changing then as you said its a burst car when it's clearly not even if you put "my" infront of it.

14. driftdog

driftdog Member

ACE way to show people that want to become part of the drift world how unfriendly this place is, I looked at this build to see what colours were being used on the car and all the comments read like a Jeremy Kyle battle.

15. ramonismo

ramonismo New Member

This place is not "unfriendly". Ofcourse it's his car and he can do whatever he wants, but when you're driving around with those big burst/dmax stickers and you're telling people it's a team burst s13, while in fact, it's not, then it's no wonder people are going to be disappointed.

I really like the valve cover by the way.

16. ricickles

ricickles Member

Who cares what people think, Its your car as long as you enjoy it and have fun driving it that's all that matters to me.
    It may not be my cup of tea with the 2 tone paint job but I can appreciate the work that has went in to it on a low budget.

17. driftdog

driftdog Member

Sorry, was meant to say ‘can be’, not is.
    So apologies on that one.

18. deadcluch

deadcluch Member

I think many users on his forum should relax a bit. I appteciate much more a build like yours, than ones like the 370z on this forum.. everyonewho has an unlited budget is able to order amazing works, but you did a great job with low money and your hands, big congrtatz from me.
    For thr haters, do you have an idea of how many" Delta Marini" cars you can see at every rally or Lancia event in Italy?

19. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

thread title updated ;)
    Nice to see someone working hard and taking pride in a car even if it's not how I'd choose my own car to be.
    Now stop making it all shiny and go and have fun doing some drifting :thumbs:

20. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

I don't like it but then there's lots of cars on here I don't like too.
    I couldn't give a crap that it's a rep of some colour scheme that some Japanese people use though, I still wouldn't be a fan even if you'd imported it from the grand master of all drifting himself.

I dislike the hate because you dared copy holy jdm team colours more than I dislike the colour choice on your car.