Ex BDC E36 M3

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by J_K_P, Feb 28, 2015.

1. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

Genuine E36 M3.
    I've owned it since it was a road car and did the conversion to drift spec myself so I know everything has been done and done correctly.
    I did 2 years in the BDC with it and IT never put a foot wrong.
    I wasn't quite so up to the job it would seem.
    It's a very capable car managing to qualify 3rd at Lydden hill 2012 and 3rd at Teesside 2012.
    There wasn't a round I competed in that I didn't qualify in top 32 in 2012. Most of the time I was top 16 in this car.
    The handling setup of the car is spot on with a FULL SLR kit on the front which was 1 of a batch of 10 development kits and is the same kit that was on Chelsea Denofa's E36.
    BC's adjustable coilovers front and rear. And camber adjustment arms on the rear.
    I liked to run with lots of grip so always set the rear camber to 0" toe and 0" camber and ran 225 section tyres.
    This gave it plenty of grip and made fast, accurate transitions easy.
    The car has a 6point OMP bolt in cage with single door bars which would need another bar and link bars welding in to meet BDC regs but is fine for Driftcup.
    Fully plumbed fire extinguisher to BDC spec as well as handheld attached to drivers seat base.
    Drivers seat is an in date Bimarco extra wide seat (I'm fat) and passenger seat is out of date but also an extra wide seat. I used to do lots of drift taxi's and having the extra width was often useful for that.
    Both harnesses are Schroth 3" twist release belts and are super comfortable and easy to adjust. Also good for the taxi's.
    Hydraulic handbrake is a .625 OBP unit which has HEL(sponsor) braided lines direct from the M/Cyl through to the rear splitter T.
    And it works fantastically.
    The engine is standard 3.0ltr M3 unit and at the last dyno run (about 3 drift days before retirement) she ran a perfect 285bhp. I didn;t get torque figures as I was there chasing a problem. Which turned out to be plugs.
    She had all the vlave clearances done before my first season by Reddish Mortorsport (sponsor) as well as the removal of the air con and air recirc stuff.
    Reddish also fitted a lightened flywheel and I always ran her with a standard M3 clutch which never slipped.
    She's NEVER overheated on me once and had the oil changed (silkolene) every fourth drift day with genuine BMW oil filters fitted at the same time.
    She also has a 19 row oil cooler running off the VAC motorsports take off kit with HEL supplied braided oil cooler lines.
    Exhaust is standard M3 manifolds with a decat centre and Scorpion back box so she's not exactly loud but you know she's there. And the note is really nice too.
    There is also a Carbon airbox fitted but I would like to keep that for my Z3m build.
    I do also have a ducktailed fibreglass boot lid which I've never even taken out of the wrapping it came in.
    Front bumper is held on with 2 bonnet pins and comes off easily.

So that's all the highlights I can think of.
    I can't tell you how well the car drifts. Or how much of a joy the car has been to own.

Bad points..
    From wings touch the tyres on extreme compression so the paint has rubbed off and they're starting to go rusty.
    The seal on the sunroof has been leaking so the seats get wet at the moment but that's an easy fix.
    The front bumper has seen better days but it's by no means broken or knakcered. It just wants a new trim and a new bonnet pin on 1 side.
    And she needs cleaning and using :)

Price wise. I want £6500.
    I think for such a strong, well built M3 that you can just roll on a trailer and go be competitive in, I think that's cheap.
    But money talks and I've got bills to pay.

PM me for more info or if you want to come and have a look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And how she is right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A94BBD54-7A38-48BD-AE34-56ACCE8995E8_zpscvqsfzif.jpg Photo by joekont | Photobucket
    [​IMG]

#1 J_K_P, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

3. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

Bump for an actual drift car.

4. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

5. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

No interest at all?

6. ren_juanjo

ren_juanjo buttercakes!!

fantastic car, strong engine and an owner who looks after his cars.

7. mint

mint touch my fruit

Did the middle of the Minty Fresh sticker come off?? GLWS !!

8. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

Thanks Guys.
    No mate. That stickers a couple of years old now. It's just faded oin the sun. Was a coupla years ago I was up at Knockhill.

9. Mike@TDSW

Mike@TDSW Active Member

It may not be cheap but start pricing up a decent 36 m3 then start adding in top spec coils, proper angle kit, cage, etc etc
    You couldn't build this car for less and why would you want to, joes done the work for you.
    I put nearly 10k into mine (mine and joes in my sig pic) and I didn't have a cage or slr kit.

10. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

11. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

12. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

13. J_K_P

J_K_P Active Member

14. zornyan

zornyan Guest

Bit of helpful info for you, sunroof seal doesn't stop water getting in, it's only a "beauty seal" as they call it. Probably just the drain tubes need a coathanger sticking down them to clean dirt out. So free fix