Driver banned

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by rock_on, Mar 10, 2015.

1. kingj

kingj sliding it in

I do feel for him but agree with what others have said too, there seems to be loads of guys like this round my way who just make there E36s look like utter shit with the same combo of mods..... banded steelies, bolt on arches, over stripped interior and randon matt painted parts??? It seems to be the look to go for if your an emo for some reason...... again, what the fuck is going on with that selfie pic? ha ha

2. 340mike

340mike Member

Out of curiosity, what constitutes a proper drift car?
    Not picking, actually wondering.
    Cheers.

3. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

Sensational media hype from the daily mail as per, not sure why anyone is surprised. Anyone would have been shafted for driving on those tyres. Normal people get in trouble for this sort of stuff all of the time, the only reason the DM are interested is because its the right combination of demographic, police response and pregnancy to get their readership all riled up - feel sorry for the driver in that sense, but fuck me, basic error.

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

But dangerous driving for having bald tyres?
    If they were on a micra with its tracking a mile out it would have been 6 points and a fine.
    Quite surprised the guy ain't on here.

5. scotiasx

scotiasx Active Member

He probably is!! Wouldn't expect him to join in this thread if he was though.

Everyone's been a fanny once in their life. This was his time.

The 2 year ban is a heartbreaker though, and how many hours community service!?!? Where the fuck do you find the time to even do it?

6. sandstorm

sandstorm Member

agreed he should not have been on the road with them tyres but folks need to get off their high horses.
    he is driving the car he can afford to drive, god knows im sure most of us have had a shitbox or two in our
    possession once in our lives. we all have brain fart moments now and again taking silly chances
    but i think the courts have been very harsh on him 9 points and a fine would have been more than enough to teach him a lesson.
    he should have called saul....lol

7. zornyan

zornyan Guest

There's a difference between an actual drift car, that gets the odd dent here and there.

And a piece of shit that someone's actually put their brain into action into being shit.

I mean removing seats is one thing. But why take out door cards and a glovebox that weigh under a kilo? Why shove on banded steel wheels with bolt on arches that look like a child has made?

Why? Because drift car...my arse.

Also he probably got shafted harder because any normal person could say "I'm sorry officer I didn't check them recently" and just receive the fine.

Where as they basically have proof that he engages in a motorsport that means going through several sets of tyres, so he knowingly and willingly set out in his car with the knowledge his tyres were beyond fucked Whilst obviously making no attempt to change them.

8. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

For those people moaning about the bald tyres and dangerous driving deal, think about what you're saying ffs. His tyres are illegal, therefore the car is illegal. I'm pretty sure if one of your family members were killed by such a car because the stopping distance was fucked due to bald tyres you'd be jumping for dangerous driving prosecution etc.

The car looks like a shitbox, so is guaranteed to catch the bizzie's eye. I used to have a pug 306 shitter daily, not a straight panel on it, different coloured rear hatch and mirrors, never washed etc. Always got the wrong kind of attention - one xmas I was tailed 4 times in a week while they checked my details. But you know what, never got pulled because everything was legal. I don't really see what the issue is, twat got what he deserved really.

Only thing I'm surprised at is the daily mail didn't state the car was going to give you cancer, or some shit.

9. m1tch

m1tch Member

Tyres weren't road legal (its 3 points per bald tyre) but it seems to have had a fresh MOT so it would have been deemed safe to use on the road other than that, removing glovebox and interior trim isn't an issue although the airbag would have been removed. At least he actually had fitted wider arches to cover the wider wheels and tyres etc.

10. zornyan

zornyan Guest

See the problem is, is that you're inviting issues, here's a question, since he had no door cards and left the motors/regulators exposed
    What would happen if a passenger was simply resting their hand, driver presses button to lower the window, and their hand gets caught up in the motor/mech?

That's how their saying it, leaving wires hanging on the floor is blatant laziness and pretty stupid imo.

None of that shit makes it a drift car, it just makes it a heap of shit on the road, that the owners thinks is "hardcore"

Glad this retard won't be driving for at least 2 years. I pay money and spend time to make sure my car isn't dangerous as most people do, why should this retard not be punished for being a lazy fuckwit.

11. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Didn't they change the law about 3 points/tyre to just 3 points, regardless of how many tyres.
    Something like realising it was unfair to ban people just for bald tyres :S

Don't quote me on that though!