BMW 523i SE E39 - Lovely daily barge - long MOT

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by Rich330, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Rich330

Rich330 Member

122k miles
    2.5L petrol engine
    MOT until August - no advisories on the last one!
    Recent service history showing oil change 2k miles ago, including new thermostat
    2 previous owners
    Good tyres and brakes all round

I bought the car in November as a winter run around and this car has been fantastic! It’s not let me down at all, starts on the button each time and is a really nice place to be. I average 29mpg on my run to work.

Being the SE version, it features black leather interior, walnut dash and electric everything. 6 disc CD changer in boot, cruise control, automatic gearbox with sports tiptronic mode. The engine and gearbox are as silky smooth as you would expect. No nasty knocks or bangs!

The interior is clean and the car has obviously been well looked after during its life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those wanting to build a skid car please note these important features:
    Tiptronic gear box with sports mode lets you select gears as needed for the perfect skid, you’d never go back to a manual after trying this unless you prefer manual which you do.

It has an open diff which is surprisingly sideways happy. being a relatively long wheel base its easy to catch and hold maaaaad slides.
    The open diff also has the added benefit of burning half the rubber as a locking diff.

The 523 SE has a straight 6, 2.5l petrol engine tuned for torque and smooth running combustion operations for extended smoke pleasure barging.

The E39 has a ‘racing chassis’, designed by evil henchmen in the same factory they make Skittles in. Taste the rainbow.

Electric windows, because winding down windows by hand is for the poor.

The beautiful, classic deep dish BMW wheel design adds centrifugal force during a drift to increase latitudinal yawing over the skid plane vector.

Would make an ideal platform for stripping out, or leave the rear seats in so you can take the family out to the track before driving home in style. If you don’t have a family, the rear seats can be used to make babies with any of the girls you find loitering around McDonalds car parks after 10pm.

It has a handbrake forged from the bones of Godzilla.

Body work has a few battle scars from hitting animals on the way to work but nothing major. Small rust patch under drivers door (weight saving++)

I average 28mpg which is good considering the size of the barge!

Theres a 100% chance that if you buy this car and then buy a lottery ticket that you may win the lottery.

As well as the 6 disc CD changer it has a vintage tape deck which is best for drifting as it still works great during backwards entries

Lots of window space on these cars so you’ll need to buy more stickers m8s.

The radio has a traffic report feature which will connect with a radio station 100 miles away and give you information on roads you don’t care about.

If you put lowering springs on it the car would instantly become lowered!!!

Walnut dash = best for drifting due to the increased ackerman pantie camber line.

Some people call the 523 the ‘baby M5’ - it has a quarter of the power but at a twentyith of the price, so it’s much better value for money! Put a V8 number plate on it and people will think you’re a millionaire. If I get the asking price I will draw an M5 logo on the boot with a sharpie.

Non-standard headlights fitted as standard.

Selling as I am getting my S2000 back on the road this weekend!

£800 - collection from RG26 area.

Many thanks
    Rich

#1 Rich330, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  2. Ginger Drifter

Can vouch for this being a very solid car. And very comfy as well. Cheap daily for someone for sure

3. Rich330

Rich330 Member

Updated OP with more information for those considering using this as a base for an excellent skid car!

4. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

10/10 would read again.

In other news, an actual legit seller. Probably a good car too, it drove past me once and didn't explode.

GLWS Rich.