the ps13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by adam ps13, Jan 8, 2014.

1. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

So I fitted my new profec this was a pic before I fully wired it and the the defi ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So stuck on the carbon roof spoiler and wind deflectors back on and have it it's first wash ..
    It's stick not sitting right and tyres are not same sizes
    Getting there though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lorenzos13

lorenzos13 sil80 rb25det

The car look cool mate

3. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Run the same profile as you do up front, slightly lower and it'll look great dude :)

4. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

Yeah I'll go back to that profile all round and it really needs to be lowered . The coil overs in it at the moment are really bad for height adjustment ..

Mapping in 3 weeks time so here we go . Hunting bout 370bhp ..

5. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

Thanks a lot .. I'm hoping to get it vrt'd in the next few weeks ..

So with the setup in going with I'm really trying to sneeze hp out of it ..

Measured up my mines ait filter and ordered up a velocity stack for it with a 3 inch adapter for the z32
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A quick snap today

[​IMG]

6. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

Just a comparison of 2 years and 20k

[​IMG]

7. ianlea73

ianlea73 Well-Known Member

Great comparison pics,very good progression.
    Where did you source lights in 2nd as I have originals like projectors?

8. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

So with mapping next week I'm in a panic to get it going again .. I'm a mechanic by trade and I work a lot in the evenings for myself so it does be very hard to find the time to get near it ..

Fitted my extra lock drift work steering boots . Fit really we'll and not even under stretch and I have a good lock set up ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since my car was hicas from factory I set upon removing all of it and while keeping the standard hicas power steering pump I disassembled it to remove the veins from the rear of the pump to stop it creating pressure . Gonna mig weld up the pipe fitting in work tomorrow

[​IMG]

After hours upon hours of work I'm finally finished my exhaust manifold . It's now single scroll too . One of my mates is going to get it tig welded up for me at his work so I'll have it back at the weekend
    [​IMG]

Fitted my tomei fuel pressure regulator. My z32 Nissan fuel filter and made up a few braided line with all the earls an6 bits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also went braided from the fuel pump to the hardline and fitted the fully reconditioned tank I got done .. Bridges the fuel pump relay and set the static pressure on the regulator to 37psi . 36psi is the standard recommendation I think

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's pretty much all for the moment . I'm waiting on post from frsport with a throttle body gasket and a idle air controll valve gasket . And a sr s14 throttle body pulley . All Genuine Nissan too . Them I can bolt on the inlet . It's only sitting there at the moment ..

The water lines to the iacv and the two water lines to the throttle body I've also made in braided line just waiting on some more an6 line finishers for them . Expensive but fuck it no price on reliability .. The hardship of a 23 year old water pipe leaking would Rot me ...

Trying to mock up the new intercooler pipe work . I really need to get new pipes made
    [​IMG]

Also done some coil over adjustment

[​IMG]

#68 adam ps13, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  9. Koncept_drifT

Koncept_drifT Member

your definatly making the right choices!

cars looking sick adam ps13.

10. Koncept_drifT

Koncept_drifT Member

those bricks are mint

11. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

There pretty clean alright .. Were expensive though ha

12. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

Got my manifold back tig welded up so I can finally put it all back together now ..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also got a new iacv gasket , throttle body gasket , s14 throttle body pulley to work the Freddy manifold . Oh and a bit and washer for the rocker cover ha

[​IMG]

13. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

14. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

Cant see a difference lol (joking) good ready loverly car. Really looking to my ps landing now

15. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

So 1.3 bar
    393hp
    328flbs torque

I guess I'll take that and be very happy . This is the update ye have all been waiting for

Top class tuning by Stiv @mdtuning

[​IMG]

16. lorenzos13

lorenzos13 sil80 rb25det

That's a nice result :)

17. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

I'm now looking for some good quality rear arms ? What do people recommend ?

18. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

So this week I got myself some solid rear subframe bushings

[​IMG]
    I also got 4 litres of redline shock proof oil for the gearbox and LSD .
    Seems to be very got stuff . I flows like a 75-90 gear oil buy has viscosity of a 75-140 oil but has a coefficient of friction similar to a 30w engine oil .. Best of everything ..

Looks exactly like poppa smurfs blood transfusion

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also fitted my os giken twin plate spring clutch and flywheel . And I fitted my 2 way cusco LSD ..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had a r33 hub conversion and brakes done a long time now and I only got round to fitting the handbrake cable this week . Making a mounting plate for the cables as there different length and adjusted up my shoes properly . I'm no engineer but I'm proud of the way I done it ..

[​IMG]

So basically I know have a nice big clutch . LSD and a beast if a handbrake done this week . What else does a drift car want .. Haha

And how she sits waiting patiently for road..

[​IMG]

19. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

So I have a spare subframe I began working on . Fitting some solid bushings . After I had that done I started messing with colour it just gave it a quick lick of black after

[​IMG]

So 6 months since the last update . A entertaining one ha

I paid 3,000 for stupid vrt and got it registered and in the road . Car was a dream on the road

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that went well . For 3 days and then bang

[​IMG]

So I decided I was going to go all out and build a sr22vet . Sourcing a ve head was proving to be difficult so in the end I bought a full vzr broke the car and got the head.

[​IMG]

I then changed my mind once more and I sold that head on and I finally went proper and got a new stove for my baby once and for all
    [​IMG]

A nice 1jz vvti .. My plans are to run 500 hp / 500flbs through it .

At the moment I'm thinking 6boost manifold
    Precision 5858 ball bearing turbo
    Downpipe and catback just custom
    Sard 550cc

I still have to buy my transmission but I will be using a 350z z33 cd009 6speed box . Very closely ratio to the supra box
    And I will be using a Collins adapter plate and clutch
    Ecu wise I'm not sure yet prob haltech or something

At the moment I'm changing timing belt . Water pump . Can deals . Rocket gaskets and crank seals . I'm also toying with getting a 2jz oil pump . There just slightly bigger and flow a touch more ..

[​IMG]

So I had a baby in January 2016 and I put this thing on hold for a while .. now that it's 2017 we're ready to go again

I sold the 1jz in favour for a sr20 set up to get it back running. I never bought the sr and went and got another 1jz vvti

I got a set of bc coilovers and dropped it a little and bought a a-5 dash and began to start getting it fitted

I also put a deposit on a cd009 350z box so I'll get that soon

Ive also began to update the look and feel to the interior by fitting a s15 dash . It's only earlly days and only really sitting there . I need to focus on it more and I think do a little trimming to the standard window vents of the s13 chassis pipes ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I also sourced a oem grille for it and split the headlights and sprayed the buckets of the fogs with some vans lense paint ..

#79 adam ps13, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  20. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

Took delivery of the box today .. few more trick parts in the post too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]