1990 Eunos Roadster 1.6 - £2995 - Nottingham

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by dj_snathe, Apr 22, 2015.

1. dj_snathe

dj_snathe Member

Make: Mazda
    Model: Eunos Roadster (MX5)
    Year: 1990
    Mileage: 167,507 kms (104,692 miles)
    Tax/Test: MOT'd until Jan 2016
    Price: £2995 ono

Unfortunately i need to sell my completely impractical, yet fun and drifty, MX5 due to a change in my personal circumstances... I've had the car a little over 2 years, and have spent a fortune on it in the past 18 months.
    It was a completely standard and very well looked after example when i bought it. The previous owners had always maintained it regardless of cost, whick is backed up by a folder full of history and receipts.
    Cosmetically, the car was beginning to show it's age. The usual bubbling on the front wings and passenger rear arch, tatty soft top, typical dull Jap paintwork, and the odd car park ding here and there.
    I ran it daily as it was for 5-6 months, and took it off the road for a "quick" cosmetic tidy up...
    I ended up going a bit further with the car than originally intended :rolleyes:

The car was stripped of all it's trim & panels, and the wings, bumpers & doors were binned and replaced with mint condition 2nd hand items. The wings were acid dipped back to bare metal, side repeater holes welded up, return lips rolled etc. The small rusty section of passenger rear arch was cut out and replaced with fresh metal, with the rear arch lips being rolled and sealed in the process. The holes in the doors for the standard door mirrors were welded up and smoothed, and a much smaller cup mirror was fitted to the driver's door. The aerial hole in the offside quarter, and high level brake light hole in the boot were also welded up and smoothed.
    Front & rear bumper irons and padding were removed also.
    The windscreen was removed due to having a couple of chips.
    The car was then prepped and re-painted in Honda Ionized Copper Pearl (2012 Civic colour) including the door shuts and insides of the doors. A brand new screen was then fitted and the car re-assembled.
    The car now sits on a set of Mk2 MX5 coilovers, which are harder & stiffer than the Mk1 coilovers, and a set of new 8x15 et0 Rota Grids with 195/45x15's. The fronts are only painted white (inside & out) due to slightly grazing one wheel on a kerb when parking and not having time to get the bronze paint matched up.
    Mechanically, the only other major additions are a welded diff and a M2 stainless exhaust (imported from the US). The standard LSD and a spare pair of shafts are also included in the sale.
    Inside the car, the carpets, centre console, and soft top were removed and binned. I managed to get hold of a rare 4 point floor mounted rear cage, which is sooooo much better and safer than the ones that mount to just the seat belt points. A seperate harness bar is also fitted, along with an aircraft buckle Sabelt 4 point harness.
    The side catches for the hard top have been modified to operate with the cage being in the way, but could do with a bit more fiddling to miss the main hoop of the cage completely. Removing and refitting the hard top is still a quick and easy job as is though.

I'm gutted to have to part with this car, as after putting this much work into it i'm losing quite a bit of money.
    I have priced the car at £2995, which is quite a bit less than my invoice from the bodyshop!!

Here's plenty of pictures (most recent first), including some taken during it's time at the bodyshop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 dj_snathe, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Saw this in Asda's car park the other day! Colour looks great in the sun light. Free bump.

3. dj_snathe

dj_snathe Member

Cheers dude :)
    Open to offers close to the asking price...

4. dj_snathe

dj_snathe Member

Friday bump...

5. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Car looks great and everything but i dont think you can promote the safety improvement of the roll bar when you have a harness that goes through holes you cut in the seat!?!

6. dj_snathe

dj_snathe Member

Harness passes through slots in the steel seat frame, so perfectly fine. Intended on fitting a bucket seat, but needed to sell the car before I got round to it.

7. dj_snathe

dj_snathe Member

Bump & price drop... Needs to go as i'm struggling for space to store it now it's not being used

#7 dj_snathe, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  8. DavidM

DavidM New Member

Could you give me your email address please? I've got a few questions but don't want to post an essay on here.

9. dj_snathe

dj_snathe Member

Feel free to give me a call on 07532 271764

10. Leno

Leno Member

Is this really what they're going for these days?!

11. dj_snathe

dj_snathe Member

When you have an invoice for £3500 worth of bodywork & paint alone, then yes! Lol

12. dj_snathe

dj_snathe Member

Bump... Needs to go!!