Need help asap boggin stage 3 s14

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Soarermike91, May 15, 2015.

1. Soarermike91

Soarermike91 Member

Hey guys need help asap have stage 3a 14a and its started to bog really bad. Was fine one moment then whenever i put load on or take off the car feels like it just wants to die under boost is fine idles fine but load bogs badly. Had a look on forums but cnt really find what . Put a new apex air filter on and it happend put the old filter bck on and still happend im clueless pleaae help

2. miffy

miffy Member

I'm no genius but with your vague description it could be shit plugs , don't take my word for it but this isn't internet warrior , this is experience , mines a ca18det but same situation and that's what fixed it

3. Soarermike91

Soarermike91 Member

Awesome dude cheers ill have a look tomoz cheers

4. gary g

gary g Member

Check for boost leaks, should be a small boost pipe coming off your air intake pipe it might of came loose when putting new filter on, also try changing afm, check all intercooler pipes for leaks and loose joiners

5. Soarermike91

Soarermike91 Member

Yeah looked for boost leaks all seems fine. Ill have a look at the little boost pipe but sure thats all ok.. afm? I have a z32 maf going to use some maf cleaner on that over tge weekend see what happens. Cheers

6. HOODS

HOODS Member

Make sure you haven't damaged any wires coming off the z32 maf when you were changing the filter.

7. Soarermike91

Soarermike91 Member

Ok so went to start the car today as have been away for the weekend and it wont even start now. It did for a couple of seconds but major low and lumpy revs so my guess is plugs. Any other ideas?

8. gary g

gary g Member

Ignitor chip maybe? Knock sensor? Wiring to the cas. Check all fuses,and earths especially the earth on the back of the engine going to the bulk head,

9. Soarermike91

Soarermike91 Member

Im in germany now buddy i work over here. Ok so had a look at plugs there fine nearly new, check wiring all looks ok then it started and was working fine got 5 miles down the road and its doin it again. Hits boost fine and has full power below 3500 any more then a touch on the throttle it does it and also changin gear it backfires more then usual.

10. Soarermike91

Soarermike91 Member

Ok just tried starting it again wouldnt start untill i throttled it and when it was running was doin the same thing but i noticed every time it happened i hear a relay click from inside :/