RB25 DET R32 Skyline £6250

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Darkslag, May 16, 2015.

1. midge

midge Member

Don't think you need to be that much of a spy, says the import date on the front of the logbook doesn't it? be interested to see it since the little online checks show it as first registered in 2000, if it was registered in 2009 then its obviously a mistake by the dvla.

I agree with you, its their fault for not checking before leaving a deposit and in your position (if i genuinely didn't know it was cat D) i would have kept it, however you agreed to refund the deposit and then didn't, so at best that makes you a liar and at worst a thief.

Re-listing the car without mentioning its a Cat D (which includes this very advert) is very poor form imo.

#21 midge, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. Ashlaa

Ashlaa New Member

I was there at the weekend when he spoke to the owner that imported it to the country and put the rb25 in it and he said to him that it was a cat d before was even in the country and other than the messer informing him was the first he had been told about it previous owner didn't mention it to him, at the end of the day it's a skid car surely it's only going to end up abused so something as minor as a cat d is just the same as giving a wall a little love tap?!

3. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Just to confirm this (vehicle reg displayed on car) was written off as CAT D, 13th March 2005

Simple hpi check will tell you that, also down as a GTR on system...

nice car still..

4. Do A Skid

Do A Skid Member

Fuck me, typical Driftworks ponies. I had a Pulsar that was registered as a Sunny GTi Saloon, these cars get imported as all sorts of different things. Cat D literally makes no difference to anything. Most cars on the roads are categorically Cat D but people choose to fix their broken rear brake lights by buying new ones and fitting them themselves, rather than going through insurance.

The guys spamming the threads are the same guys that bid £10k on this car on eBay, so that makes them liars too..?

The car is what it is. The sella is a lovely fella. Don't let the fuckwit drift kings of Driftworks bring the sale down!

5. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Driftworks ponies?? Get a clue lol.. Cars don't get registered as whatever, I know this as I regularly register them..

My post was just stating facts not giving an opinion other than saying its a "nice car"

Chill man.. :wack:

6. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

Looks like someone is a fanboi......
    say what you like. He still lied and tried to hide the fact it was cat d. Whether your blowing his balls or not makes not difference to the facts.

7. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

Just to clarify, a cat D means that it was deemed more expensive to repair than the market value of the car. Thats a fair amount of damage, even if it is cosmetic. Fine for a track car, but will be worth a lot less than the market average for R32s when you sell it on and crazy money when theres a tidy GTR for 8k on the next page.

8. shredjester

shredjester Member

this dosnt mean it has a fair amount of damage as insurance companies dont care how much you paid for the car they have a book price and for instance the book price for a low mileage and full service history nissan 200sx s14a is £2150 which obviously is way off the asking price for that sort of car and they repair only has to be more than 50% of that value to write it off

9. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

They might just see 'import' and assume you can't get the parts.

Still don't understand the dates, it was written off in 2005, but wasn't in the country then, and was imported in 2009???
    So what was written off??

10. midge

midge Member

The seller is lying (big shock!) about the import date, he'd prove otherwise if he wasn't wouldn't he!

11. zornyan

zornyan Guest

Obviously the seller is bullshitting to make it seem as if the car has been in the country less years, how about some clear pics of the underside, rear arches and sills to show there's no rust?

If it's been here for over 10 years I guguarantee it'll have some rust on it.

Also how much was an R32 skyline book value in 2005? Could quite easily be a damaged bumper, or could have been a caved in boot.

Smells dodgy tho, the seller should have informed people he was aware it's a cat d. Technically it anyone buys the car and he doesn't inform them, they could take him back to court for selling a car without passing on the information.

12. Darkslag

Darkslag Member

Nothing dodgey. Genuine seller genuine car.
    I met the importer he said 2009.
    There is no rust I will take pics later.
    I was only aware of cat d when a viewer told me.
    I changed as many for sale posts as I could to inform people, some I couldn't edit.
    Any people that messaged me have been told it's a cat d.
    If it doesn't sell it doesn't matter just means I have to delay growing up for a few months while I pay off credit card. And still keep a car I've wanted since I was a boy.