The RA60 - Super Rare

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by DW_Gaz, Jun 16, 2015.

1. DW_Gaz

DW_Gaz Member

So i just found out that my RA60 is 1 of only 2 still on the road in the UK, feeling sneakily chuffed, but at the same time, wondering if it's something I should think about restoring back to its original condition.

For the most part, its fairly standard, the engine is standard and is all accounted for, the bodywork leaves something to desire, the boot lid is rusted and crispy to the touch in places and there's rust and cracks on some of the panels. It passed its last MOT without any advisories and it still pulls strong. The diff is welded, the exhaust is custom as are the wheels. It also has custom arches rivetted on and the body arches have been cut back to accommodate the wheels. I have the original wheels too surprisingly. The mirrors were already located on the arch wing when i got it, looks as though the original mirrors have been knocked off, or at least 1 of them. it gives it a unique look but i think i would probably prefer the mirrors where they're suppose to be.

So I'm looking for advice really, what would you do?
    Maybe I should keep going and just say fuck it, lets see what we can do to get some power out of it and show it off a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cjohnson

cjohnson Member

I think dude, unfortunately, this is one of those models which is too far gone. Just enjoy it.

3. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

The money in these cars is in clean, stock examples. You've got a huge job on your hands if you want to restore it, not least of all finding a boot lid, and body panels.

4. Srs_721

Srs_721 Member

Just keep going and make something awesome!

5. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

Id put a front lip on it, an I between the P and C on the plate, and do burnouts. I think as it's started in this style it should be finished accordingly, will still be worth money just not to the same person or perhaps as much. Rear louvre is cool though.

6. DW_Gaz

DW_Gaz Member

ok, so the general consensus is fuck it and build a retro weapon. got it.

In that case, let's move on to how do i get more power out of it? It has a 21r carbed lump in it. apparently these are shite for getting power from, so either i spend a mint and maybe get another 50 - 100 hp or ditch the engine and find something with alot more potential and Frankenstein the shit out of it.

7. Van_Denton

Van_Denton Member

I really really like these, there was a white one on ebay not so long ago. I really nearly pushed the button on it, but it was pretty rusty underneath.

Definitely needs a new engine. Id be tempted for a v8 1uzfe, I imagine that could be done quite "cheaply".

Rock on mate! I look forward to seeing it progress. If not sell it to me hahahhaha

[​IMG]