We Buy Any Car

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Disco, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Anyone used them?

Got a car I want to get rid of (not my Celica for sale here), got a quote online but I understand that this is not guaranteed and have heard that they hardly ever give what they quote.

2. docwra

docwra Active Member

In before the haters ............

Ive sold 4 cars to them now, 2 had faults that would have made them difficult private sales, 2 we were just offered more from WBAC than we had been on trade in.

They will beat you down on anything they can, but for being able to sell a car and have the money in your pocket inside 1/2 hour they are pretty good, for selling M3's with injector problems and S2K's with slipping clutches its a hallelujah from me Jim.

3. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Cheers dude, I've never used them before but have not heard great things. I've got a 2006 Astra Twintop which my old man is trying to get shot of but the roof and boot are knackered. My thinking is, who wants a convertible that doesn't convert?

Am tempted to give them a shot. So not a lot of hassle from them in your experience then?

4. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

My friend sold a Fiesta through them, was honest in the description and IIRC they paid what they'd quoted online.

Obviously a private sale will net more cash, but it's time and effort people don't have.

5. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

I'm not sure I'd get more cash with a private sale in this case, non-converting convertible. Niche market lol plus I've read it's a right shit to sort out.

6. docwra

docwra Active Member

I got on so well with the guy that he ended up offering me a bit of a blag where he would overpay me and Id hand some cash back, unfortunately he got fired shortly afterwards, cant think why :wack:

The beauty with them is that its 1/2 hour of your time and you can always walk away if youre not happy, what have you got to lose?

7. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Haha I like stuff like that, the best I get is free double cheese burgers at MacDonald's.

You are right, their hours are really odd for the one around me though so getting an appointment that works is a PITA.

8. Dori Hunters

Dori Hunters Member

I did the same as Docwra - I shifted a z4 coupe that got through a litre of oil every 100 miles and even got a lift home [emoji12]

9. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Happy days, sounds like the way to go!

10. Ed

Ed Anti-Dibs

I'm thinking to trying them for my 530d. Mainly out of spite for the twats who think they can offer me half what I'm asking, just because that is how Mike Brewer does it on wheeler dealers :rolleyes:

11. grahamc

grahamc Member

Sold an old Mazda and a Mini to them.... price they offered is what I got and they even asked if I wanted to take things like the headunit extender (plug in iPod) out. Both times the offers were a lot better than trade and not too far off private sale, but without the big headache.

Not very good at modded cars or anything like that, but good for the daily

EDIT - there are a couple of different companies doing this (Google search) and got a few better offers off others for another car.... they even came and collected the car.