Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

Thread in 'Misc for sale' started by turbopaul, Oct 7, 2015.

1. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

For sale is my Subaru Legacy B4 RSK. These are quite rare cars but this one has been made even rarer by some choice enhancements. I've only had this car nearly 4 months but having spent too much money on our new house, unfortunately I need to free up some cash.

If you're reading this you will probably know that as standard these are 2 litre twin turbo, putting out 280bhp. This car has had a number of engine upgrades which I will list below, but most notable is the single turbo conversion with a TD05 turbo. This was done in November 2011. This not only gets rid of the dreaded and well documented VoD (Valley of Death) which is a hesitation between the 1st and 2nd turbos spooling, but also makes the car more economical, better to drive and enables it to run more boost if required. Essentially it is just better and technically simpler than the twin turbo set up. It is a very sought after modification but very involved and expensive to do hence why there are not many of them. This is one of only 2 B4 RSK single turbos that I am aware of. Obviously you don't have to worry about the cost and hassle of doing it as it is already done here!

The engine was fully rebuilt in November 2008 with:-
    STI 9 Crank
    ACL Main and big end race bearings
    STI 9 Rods and pins
    STI 5 Forged pistons
    Uprated oil pump
    Version 5 heads
    New gaskets
    New tensioner
    New cambelt

Since then, with the previous owner it's had regular oil changes, a new lambda, knock sensor, and MAF. He also fitted an RCM up-pipe and GT spec headers which have helped the spool with the single turbo.la

Further mods - Uprated air filter/ induction, straight through stainless exhaust with Tanabe rear section, Type R V5/6 ECU, uprated radiator and boost controller. It also has a short-shifter kit which makes gear changes nice and crisp. As you can see, nothing too major so it retains reliability.
    With the engine upgrades and ECU it is very similar in spec to an Impreza STI/ version 4/5 Type R Impreza. It is estimated to be running at least 300bhp which I think is a conservative estimate. It goes very very well.

Bodywork
    The engine was swapped by the previous owner into the current low mileage shell which is very straight but does have some lacquer peel on the rear quarters and a badly patched up paint chip on the rear bumper. With these bits of bodywork sorted and polished up it would look great. It benefits from a lip spoiler on the boot and an RFRB front grille. The windows have been professionally tinted. The shell has done just over 78k miles.

Interior
    It's part leather, part suede type material and part cloth. All in great condition. Electric front seats. Very supportive and comfortable. Double height arm rest. JDM fitted mats. Electric windows front and rear. Black dished 3 spoke Nardi rep steering wheel, genuine STI gearknob, Apexi boost gauge (under 6 months old), Pioneer double-din MP3/CD stereo with AUX input, uprated speakers all around.

Wheels
    The wheels are German brand dished style 18" x 8j wheels which I think do really suit the car. They could do with a refurb.

Handling
    The suspension is fully adjustable Buddy Club coilovers which are pretty rare, great quality items. It runs quite low but has never caused me any issues on many different types of road. It has Megan Racing rear camber arms. The brakes are standard 2 pot items but I have a pair of 4 pots spare in need of a refurb which would come with the car. Having said that, the 2 pots are perfectly good with plenty of life left.

Tyres - 215/35/18 tyres all around, all with loads of tread, 2 are pretty much new.

Since I've owned the car it's had a full service; oil, filters, cambelt and 2 new tyres.
    MOT is until end of April 2016, but I will happily get a fresh one for the new owner. There is a folder full of paperwork, stacks of service history. There are also a few spare parts including an uprated fuel pump, 4 pot calipers with refurb kit and a pair of headlights amongst a few other bits.
    I am absolutely gutted to have to sell this, it literally ticks all the boxes of what I need/want in a car; fast, good handling, practical, reliable and looks pretty good too. I intended to keep this long term and get the paintwork tidied up and have a great all round car. It is priced to sell and I won't listen to silly offers. If there is any way I can keep it I will but I'll have to see how things go.

Price lowered to £2400. It's based near Southampton. Any viewing is welcome, just give me a call on 07825665713. No test drives unless you can show proof of insurance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 turbopaul, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Tron

Tron Member

that is lovely mate i wish i could have it off you but just bought a house myself, you must be hurting to sell it on glws.
    cheers steve

3. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Cheers dude. Yeah I'm gutted! I don't keep cars long as it is but I thought this would be a keeper. Just underestimated how much we'd need to spend on the house :-(

4. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Sunday bump

5. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Up we go...

6. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member

Price lowered to £2400.

Ridiculously cheap.

7. turbopaul

turbopaul Active Member