Coles SR-ONEVIA

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by insane 200, Oct 8, 2015.

1. insane 200

insane 200 Jonin Level Drifter

Hi Dudes/dudettes

So decided after 5-6years of owning and drifting my R33 Battlebus i needed something more fun and nicer to drive daily so broke my car for parts.
    My aim was to buy and modify something imported with the money i made on the skyline and found myself looking at R32's , Laurels, and Crestas.
    Pretty randomly when looking through yahoo auctions i had a browse over S-bodys and a little white gem caught my eye.
    In the the little advert pictures i spotted a cool looking 180sx in white which reminded me of my first and only uk s13 and it reminded me how much fun i had so clicked on the advert and realised the 180sx was infact an eps13 with 180sx front end conversion and converted to redtop sr20det from the sr20de it used to have.
    In hindsight i was a bit rash and figured if i had seen it then no doubt someone else would have been keeping tabs so i clicked by now at 450,000yen / 2400 gbp. Very much a spur of the moment impulse buy using google translate to find what ever info i could from the advert.
    The car was a massive gamble and all i knew was that it had SR20DET, Greddy front mount, coilovers, some SSR wheels and a kakimoto exhaust. There was no pics of the underneath, it had a few dents but had full interior which was a big selling point for me. I figured it was at very least a fixer upper and something a bit marmite.
    Pics from Yahoo auction vvvvvv
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dock pics vvvvv
    [​IMG]

So paid my monies and then more monies and then even more monies when it arrived in the country and got a super sound guy to pick it up from Southampton docks and drop it off at a mates.

The Gamble paid off......

When i got it home i found that the seals were spot on, no rust anywhere underneath, interior excluding drivers seat and dash was imaculate.
    Also found that it had a few decent mods
    Inverted monotube unknown make coilovers on front,
    Tein coilovers rear
    Unknown make adjustable castor arms
    Front and rear strut braces
    Kakimoto exhaust and decat
    Greddy intercooler
    uprated fuel pump
    Mechanical diffrential
    SSR professor 17's
    Cool sleepy eye mod box
    Version select front bumper
    Origin side skirts and rear bumper
    Tinted windows
    Momo steering wheel
    MD/CD Player although radio is useless as tuned to nothing higher than 90.00fm. MD works though and i have loads of them at home retro style

I quickly sorted out changing indicator bulbs for actual orange ones rather than white painted orange by its previous japanese owner and got it down for MOT which it passed with only minor notes.
    Then was a case of waiting for dvla to register it so i could drive it finally.
    Now have the car at home and have started tinkering around and have done the usual service stuff
    Change fuel filter, plugs, oil and filter and battery and she starts on the button.

While the car was on the water i had been slightly stock piling parts i wanted for the car when it arrived as nothing ever comes up for sale when i want them so brought myself

T28R roller bearing s15 turbo to replace the little T25G
    Redtop SR nistune ecu
    Apexi air filter and adapter
    Z32 AFM and plug
    Greddy Oled Boost controller
    Blacktop SR oil pickup
    S14 LCA , hubs, discs, pads etc
    Blitz oil pressure, water temp gauges
    Bride drivers seat subframe
    [​IMG]

Also had my girlfriend completely strip down and paint my old 18's from my skyline ready for new car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I dont have a garage and dont live close enough to anyone to really do much to the car quickly so its still sitting at lame high ride height until i can fit 5 stud conversion and put my 18's on and then lower the car to a resonable height so yes i know it looks stupid at the moment
    However i manged to remove carbon canister, fit boost controller, air filter, replace fucked tie rod, fit my old Corbeau revolution bucket seat and bride subframe and some matching trs blue harnesses also fit the snap off boss and nardi wheel from the skyline.
    Slow progress but progress all the same and this is how it is currently
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. counteract

counteract -o=me

Looks cool man. Decent price too! What did it total after shipping and fees?

3. insane 200

insane 200 Jonin Level Drifter

Stands me in inc recovery home from docks at 5200. Going to be keeping it clean and fairly original though so its value shouldnt drop at all.