R32 GTS-t RB20 lets see how this goes.....

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by S14Ali, Jul 26, 2015.

1. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

Hi everyone, been on here a while now and thought its about time I put something together about my latest project/fun car.

I had an S14a uk spec and loved it, sold it, and regretted it! but with most uk s-chasis cars it suffered from rot (though looking back it was a hell of alot cleaner than alot!) But I pampered that car do much and didn't spend enough time actually enjoying it!!

My14aaaa_zpsad035ce4.

Soooo fast forward slightly, after a year of driving a sensible albeit rubbish e46, I decided to bite the bullet and get myself a new project, this time a nice clean rust free fresh import!!

I was undecided really on what to get, ps13, 180sx, Rx-7, r32?? I could have had any as I bid on a couple of each, I even toyed with the idea of a spec s s15 then sr/rb'ing it myself.

In the end I won this R32 gtst for a good price, the spec of it and the look both caught my eye :nod:

So the spec when I bought it back end of January this year,

R32 gtst type M

RB20det
    HKS gt2530r :smokin:
    Sard front mount
    Turbo back exhaust
    Silk road coilovers
    Nismo Clutch
    2 - way lsd

Central 20 ecu
    Defi Boost gauge
    Recaro Confetti Recliners
    Stripped from behind front seats
    CST wheels

What I saw at auction in Tokyo....

Auction_zpsw6xvwnnh.

So placed my bid crossed my fingers woke up the next day to find id won it! Then the wait began... once it arrived at Kobe in Japan I got some more photos to get me excited!

Docks%201_zpsbd94bzbj.

Docs%202_zpsgwenyiel.

It then made its way around the world to Liverpool, where I got it collected once customs had been cleared and VAT and Duty was paid.

When it arrived it was just like christmas :wack:

Trailer_zpsopkeo8l1.

It looked even better in the metal, fired right up an instanly new id bought the right car! That rb20 burble is awesome!

#1 S14Ali, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
  2. Joss

Joss Member

Love it. I'm about a few months away from importing an ER34 myself after spending this year drifting an E46, so will be watching keenly :)

That 14 looked ace too [emoji108]

3. Bubski B14BBA

Bubski B14BBA Member

Looks nice mate FairPlay

4. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

Thanks guys,

Next thing to do was get it road legal, Mot'd and registered etc

[​IMG]

Loved driving it, feels much tighter than the 14, and the diff makes a huge difference...

Next thing was to use it properly. I went to a local drift event for its first shakedown and my first proper drift day!

It was faultess all day and I loved it, defenitaly improved as the day went on and the layout in the afternoon session was much better so that helped to.

[​IMG]

Came back with a couple of war wounds but nothing serious :dw:

I also headed up to Oulton Park to watch some UK Time Attack and I'd booked a track slot with a few mates so took it round, really surprised at how well this thing handles the turn in is so instant and it feels very planted and predictable.

[​IMG]

#4 S14Ali, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  5. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

As for inspiration A-BO MOON, MCR factory, Yashio factory etc

Im in the middle of buying a house at the moment but hopefully I can get to a few more drift days before the years out!!

I want to head in this direction styling wise :cool: sooooo bad ass!!

[​IMG]

6. FAbity6032

FAbity6032 Member

I think your car looks way better then that blue turd honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Such a good looking car! those wheels suit it perfectly. Reminds me of this car from down under in Australia!

8. xTommy92

xTommy92 Member

Looks awesome dude, will have to chuck some pics of mine up!
    Looks very similar and is white also. I really like the clean look of the R32.

Tom

9. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

Thanks everyone, and ye I really like how it looks, the wheels are perfect for it to. Really enjoyable to drive, the turn in on the car is awesome!

I just like the oldschool d1sl style and like the go hard style of A-Bo and mind control with the clean street style of yashio etc. I'm going to make this one mine. Clean but mean is the aim....

And I want to do more skids but my local place has just been kicked of the airfield we were using due to noise complaints so trying to find another local venue. I may travel down to pod as I don't fancy wheels and putting this into the Armco!

10. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

Well its been a little while since I last updated this and to be honest not alot has changed with the liner, I have bought a house in the mean time so thats kind of taken most of the attention!

I managed to get it on a RR to have a look at fueling more than anything and it was for the best as it is running pretty lean on boost!

It made 276 bhp @1bar IIRC?? Anyway the injectors where maxed out at this point. So fuutre plans are bigger injectors and a nistune to make the most of the turbo as it will quite happily take more boost :p

Video from the day.

After the track day I purchased some new grooved disks and fast road pads along with braided lines and DOT5.1 fluid so all is good in this department now.

cosmetically it looks pretty much the same, I picked up an R32 gtr splitter for cheap and fitted that to the gtst bumper and now sits hilariously low. No idea how its stayed on to be honest but i think it looks pretty decent.

Its comming of the road for the winter as its to clean to get ruined with salt underneath, if it gets ruined being used as a drift car I wouldnt be so bothered but salt sucks massive wang so its seeing none. I think it would probably disolve if it did!

Hopefully I can make it to some more drift events next year, I did want to get to matsuri at anglesea as its not to far, I will be up there but only spectating as if I blew it up id be kicking myself! on to next year...

Oh and heres a Hotversion style photo I messed around with....

[​IMG]

#10 S14Ali, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  11. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

This is exactly what I want. Type M, in white (or gunmetal grey…) Would you mind PM'ing me who you got it through and how much it was? I've got a rough budget but want to see how far off I am...

12. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Yours looks way better than that kitted blue thing man! The spoiler and mis-matched colour looks properly shite whereas yours looks clean and awesome!

13. W80 YAU

W80 YAU New Member

Awesome car man.

Had an R32 GTR last year and loved it alot and do miss it.
    Currently selling my RX-7 and ideally id love an R32 as a drift car... they're one of my all time fave cars.

Can i ask did it cost much to import this yourself and how hard is it?
    Feel free to fire a pm over if you wish :)

14. Thou1

Thou1 New Member

Couldn't agree more with those saying yours is looking good as is, cosmetically it's exactly how I'd want a Skyline! Clean and simple lines, no silly kits! Different tastes for everyone though I suppose - just seems a shame to change one so nice and in such good nick to start with!

15. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

Thanks for the nice words guys, it is pretty clean (atleast it was when I got it) but it was bought to be used and drifted and well it wont stay clean forever. I agree that a clean gtst is a rare sight and a good one ill make this one my own and see where it ends up. Its off the road now for the winter so the saving can begin for some more fun next year :D

16. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

Okay couple of things to mention to, headed over to drift matsuri all was good then the dreaded RB missfire reared its ugly head, not really looked into this yet as the car has been parked up since it came back. Could be a number of things so will begin diagnosis shortly just mega busy with house stuff.

I broke my bumper some more while at drift matsuri, (sounds cool must have been a drift wound) no i wasnt even skiding there it was while parking after a terrible 5 cylinder journey (>.<)

and in other news I have bought a new bonnet as i never really liked the look of a gtst one and this is a shit load lighter!! But it is blue do'h!! Ignore the shut line its not down fully....

[​IMG]

17. Matt1878

Matt1878 Member

Looks cool man!! I don't think I can bring myself to go out to a drift event in my 32gtst, it's too clean! I agree with you on the bonnet tough.. I hate the GTST one too and my god it's heavy haha!

Looks good tbough man!

18. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

So before it was put to bed for the winter I decided to give it a little smokey send off.... :dw::smokin:

Couldnt get it to upload in hd, and I think it killed my friends mic..

And in other news my GTR 440cc injectors are here! next will be getting them cleaned and buying a mappable ecu, probably a nistune??

19. S14Ali

S14Ali Member

Well it has been a while but the old datsun is still putting a smile on may face, its booked in for a remap and bigger injectors mid July so should be at some drift days after that as fueling will be up to the job by then thanks to the GTR injectors and nistune ecu.

Not a great deal has changed still need to paint the bonnet, I fixed an intermittent missfire traced down to condensation on the plug!

Anyway heres a cool pic :D

[​IMG]

20. david.fryklind

david.fryklind New Member

Did you get it tuned with the 440 injectors? Im after numbers :p
    Im running my HCR32 on e85, 540cc inj, FFP, KKR430ish turbo (ARP head bolts and cometic head gasket for good measure) but havent taken the time to have it dynoed. Also 'need' to up the boost from 0.9bar to about 1.5bar before i do that. Still, it already pulls like a tiny train.

Nothing like a white Type M, looks so good. Mine was too though a previous owner had it painted white w/ pink pearl, doors was still factory white, front lip bondo'ed to the bumper and so on. Wasnt allowed by the lady to have it painted white so tried something that ive always wondered how itd look, Millenium Jade with a matte finish, looks great in direct sunligt.

[​IMG]