Bmw e30 323i rust bucket purchase

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Slow, Nov 22, 2015.

1. UTTERCUNT

UTTERCUNT New Member

Rotten as a peach, and if you didnt change the oil you just shagged the engine up too. this'll never see the road. prove me wrong

2. Slow

Slow Member

Living up to your name then....

3. UTTERCUNT

UTTERCUNT New Member

As I say, prove me wrong. this will either a) get bodged through a mot and 'stikabummed' all over the rot & crashed on first outing in the town centre. b) get a fuckin bmx handlebar sticking out the dash and stripped out for no reason, then crashed on first outing on track c)sold on ebay for less than you paid. do something different and choose option D. would love to see it fixed up and skidded, but I can't see any hope. land rover mentality will not pay dividends here

4. C35Rob

C35Rob Member

It'd be nice to see this restored/repaired to something at least roadworthy and useable, but I sense you may have bitten off more than you can chew here.. there's going to be significantly more rust than what you can already see when you start digging.

5. Slow

Slow Member

Finally into her home for the next while. Found a guy local just out of training who will sand/repair dents and spray for £800-900.
    Wont be perfect but it will beat a bunch of welded on black panels + wings.

[​IMG]

Found this belt + tensioner. Worth using or just buy new ones? Assumed to be bought 5 years ago when the previous owner bought the car and started to service it.

[​IMG]

What is this thing? Found in the boot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arch liner and some square plastic piece, not sure where its from yet

[​IMG]

Slightly worried when I saw this at first buried in rubbish

[​IMG]

What appears to be chopped rear light wiring with a odd box

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Connecters arent rusty on the rear lights which is odd as the lens's were full of water

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spare wheel well isnt rusty really, few scabs. Towbar is bolted through it though.

[​IMG]

Going to try clean up but I have a spare pair so will set aside the best ones for it

[​IMG]

Light surrounding areas is ok except for a small hole + bubbling where the seal goes on boot close

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear arches are a little holey :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inner inner arch doesnt seem as bad

[​IMG]

Dont like spiders but behind the linings there was alot

[​IMG]

Thats this evenings work before it got dark and cold and I dont want to go under the car to get the tow ball off.

6. Slow

Slow Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How it looked when I left for work was the pictures above. Just home now so grabbed some pics. Only spot welded in place for now. Also yes I know it's not 100% perfect but it's my mate doing it for beer money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Slow

Slow Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slowly getting there :)

I took the front seats out, the carpet up to the centre console which I need to remove to get the last edge of the carpet out. The sponge shit below it is absolutely dripping, assumed to have come in through the holes at the bases of the A pillars.

8. DCDave

DCDave New Member

Good to see efforts being made : )