1uz 315cc injectors

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by vx280, Dec 3, 2015.

1. vx280

vx280 New Member

Hi

I have a 1uz with standard injectors. I want to increase power without adding a turbo or supercharger at the moment so have a few questions:

I believe the 7mge 315cc injectors plug straight in our a 1uz. Is this correct?
    I assume they will increase fuel supply but can the original ecu cope with this and accommodate the change effectively or does it need to be re-mapped to get the best out of it?
    If re-mapping is required can anyone recommend some to do the work in West or south Wales?
    If needs a new management systems is thereasy a proven one that can be recommended
    ?

Thanks in advance :):thumbs:

2. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

What else are you doing that requires you to upgrade the injectors?

Just in case I missed something - putting more fuel in won't make more performance. It isn't a diesel!

On the management side, a lot of people seem to upgrade to a Link G4. The Storm can run the standard twin distributor setup. Alternatively the Xtreme has 8 inj and ign drivers so it can run fully sequential everything. That would be my choice with a plug-top coil upgrade from there.

There is also Spitronics which is gaining interest elsewhere.

I don't think the stock ECU has much capability in it, I'm sacking it straight off on mine and running an MS3 or similar.

#2 zeppelin101, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  3. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

I have a standard 1uz running Link G4 storm, big air filter and exhaust. Supposed to be around 280bhp. The standard injectors are good for a bit more power over OEM, but you need a new ECU (I don't know of anywhere that does a remap). There is no point fitting other injectors unless you are turboing etc. Even if you did, I wouldn't use 7mge or any other second hand ones that fit, they're like 20yrs old now. By the time you buy a set of 8 then get them cleaned/flowtested, you may as well just buy some new Bosch EV1 etc and adapters.

I've got a contact who does 530cc denso injectors plus new plugs for £265 delivered (from New Zealand) which fit directly into factory injector plugs/fuel rail. Obviously you can get stuff here in the UK, depends what you want, how much work, and what you want to spend

4. vx280

vx280 New Member

Thanks for the replies. As I'm sure is obvious I don't know much about tuning, or engines if it comes to that. What I'm trying to achieve is to maximise the potential of the current setup without having to spend to much or go down the turbo or supercharger routes, yet. As I was given the 315cc injectors by a mate I thought I'd ask what can be done.

5. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Member

There isn't a huge amount to be had out of the engine with bolt ons, the ports aren't great (they are at a rubbish angle to the port so the valve head is shrouded by the port floor) and the intake cam is low lift.

Cams will help free up some more (1k+) but if you go for too much lift then you need to do away with the shim-over buckets in the head or the shims will pop out at higher engine speed. There are options for shimless buckets (Yaris buckets apparently fit) or shim-under from another source (I forget where).

With my engine I'm looking into pulling the port up into the injector cavity to improve flow significantly. Plus higher compression and some cams with tuned exhaust manifold (space dependent) and ITBs it ought to get into the realms of 90-100hp/l.

6. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

Its cheaper to bolt on a turbo and you can use rx8 injectors dierect fit iirc but your going to need a standalone ecu on early engines you can safely go to around the 450hp without doing a thing to the engine insides

7. vx280

vx280 New Member

Mines a 1993 engine so pretty OK I think. Reading the replies it looks like adding either a turbo or charger and standalone ECU is the way to go for extra power. As I'm new on here is there anyone that sells either 'bolt-on' turbo or charger kits? I had been thinking of one of these add-ons, but not just yet, but if needs must...........................

Thanks

8. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

Speak to nev at f1moto in kent they are really into the 1uz

9. vx280

vx280 New Member

:thumbs: thanks, will do ☺

10. jumpbike

jumpbike Member

just leave standard ones in, saves faffing, you're going to gain 20 hp realistically and that's with hours or work and tubular manifolds,
    throw some fancy cams in and throttle body's but you're still only looking around 300hp and a lot of money spent, best is to just leave it as is and save for a turbo conversion, throw the injectors in then.