lydden drift days

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Dec 17, 2015.

1. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

For those of you that havent heard there will be no drift practice days at lydden hill in 2016 due to the noise regs in effect. For futher info please visit the lydden website.

Hopefully we'll be able to bring it back in the future.

2. lezbrucelee

For those that have days rolled over i would suggest calling lydden after the holidays and seeing if your due a refund, afraid i have no more details at this time. If i get amy more details i will update this thread.
    Sad Times

3. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Member

4. rayner E36

rayner E36 Member

Well that sucks, Lydden and Snetterton gone now :(

5. tbtstt

tbtstt Member

A huge amount of the local resistance to the recently proposed development of Lydden Hill relates to drifting, so I can't say this surprises me. The complaints related to both the noise and smoke generated by drift cars on track as well as the conduct of "drifters" in the local area; there might be some truth in the latter point (though I suspect it's aunties and vicars complaining about nothing), but the track issues seem pretty irrefutable.

Damn shame if the drift track days do get axed, but it looks like that is the price the circuit must to pay in order to grow.

6. Guy B

Guy B Member

I may cry! Snetterton gone, a token effort from Santa Pod these days and now Lydden. Anyone living in the south now has to trek to Wales. A real shame, I love drifting Lidden

7. finney84

finney84 Member

Ill keep this brief as no doubt you have a ton of moaning messages about the loss of the track but i may have found the way around the events being stopped.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/noise-nuisances-how-councils-deal-with-complaints

Statutory noise nuisance laws don’t apply to noise from:

traffic or planes (they do apply to model planes)
    political demonstrations and demonstrations about a cause
    premises occupied by the armed forces or visiting forces

Organize the drift days as per normal with a small portion of the event being addressed to various charities through the year with a small amount of money donated to each charities.

#7 finney84, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  8. lezbrucelee

9. Pilkboid

Pilkboid Member

Cant believe this. So 3 hour drive to santa pod which isnt too bad even though its on weekdays which is very difficult for me being self employed. Or travel up north. The south of England really is the worst place to live if you like drifting/motorsport. When i was a kid and raced motorcorss my local track "matchams" (a world renowned moto x track and one of the best in the country) got shut down and over noise. Its happening again with drifting. I get that theres a lot of dick heads in the drift comunity but theres a lot of decent people too and we really are running out of places to go. Fuck streeto, but i can see alot more places shutting doen accross the country. Lydden is such a decent track for it. Real shame.