Weekend drift practice sessions?!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by T14GGO, Dec 8, 2015.

1. T14GGO

T14GGO New Member

Anyone know of any venues that offer drift practice on weekends?

Dates would be much appreciated too.

Thanks.

2. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

Not that I know of local to you, may be worth trying to contact Aldershot arena or Fairoaks airport to try and set something up. I am only round the corner from you and me and a couple of others are also looking...
    Would be good to get something set up locally as there seem to be a large number of people looking around SW london/Bracnell area.

3. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

+1 to this, I'm in west london and would love to find something close to home! Pod ain't too far away but its difficult to go on a Wednesday

4. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

I have contacted Aldershot raceway a couple of weeks ago, requesting the price of track rental, safety, insurance requirements and so on. They have not got back to me, however there has been a drift practice day there in 2007?? I think. So if someone else can get on to them to try to get an answer that would be good. They have an oval which is tarmacked in the middle so no need to run the wall, so you could have a more beginner friendly setup similar to Norfolk Arena.

5. T14GGO

T14GGO New Member

Yes I agree with Kami, pod on a Wednesday is difficult with work. I will contact Aldershot before the weekend also about group track hire and hopefully they get back to one of us.

Unless someone local has massive private land...

6. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

Sounds like a plan, Rushmoore arena (Aldershot raceway) has a large amount of space the other side of the road and they hold autotest and rally events there.
    I think as soon as you say "Drift" they don't want to know, which makes it hard to find venues. I think there will be a lot of interest if we do manage to get a price.

7. LiamBS15

LiamBS15 New Member

I'd be interested! Don't wanna take my really clean S15 to pod to be smacked by E36's

8. doughnutter

doughnutter Member

Its not really a practice day as such but we do offer test and train packages in your own car at the Flatout Factory Drift Academy at both Brands Hatch and Birmingham Wheels.

You can spend a day 1-2-1 with an instructor in your own car working on improving your techniques and skills. Birmingham is quite a hardcore track being an oval but Brands Hatch is a lot more forgiving in our custom drift training area.

We have some spaces this weekend at Brands Hatch for the full day, its seat time city, practically zero ques and if you come down on the 12th or 13th Dec then its £199 instead of £259.

Your S15 would be very safe on our days, you are not expected to have people close to your cars unless you specifically ask for twinning coaching and even then it would be with very competent drivers. All our instructors are either BDC / All Star / UKDSG drivers or just drift for fun but they are all at the top of the teaching game, head instructor is ex BDC judge Rich Newton.

:)

9. T14GGO

T14GGO New Member

Forgot to update even though it's nothing special, I contacted alder shot raceway midweek regarding group track hire, insurance etc.

Yet to receive a reply.

10. Leno

Leno Member

sub'd for updates on aldershot!

11. smithy21

smithy21 New Member

I had a good day at brands on sunday with the drift factory had a great time look forward to seeing you guys in february

12. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

Any news? I have not heard a thing back....

13. T14GGO

T14GGO New Member

Still no reply either, they must not be interested. :/

14. Srs_721

Srs_721 Member

Norfolk runs on a saturday

15. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

Will be looking to do Norfolk once I have got a bit more seat time. Looks like its just the one track up there, so don't want to hold others up by constantly spinning. Also would be nice to get something set up for the people around London/South.

Will try calling Altershot after Christmas break or maybe going down on a banger day to have a chat with the organisers.

16. Srs_721

Srs_721 Member

Yeah its just the one kidney shaped track, Awesome to learn on and you get all skill ranges of drivers up there from first timers to the regulars. They run two groups advanced and beginners so theres no pressure and once you get used to the track the A lane can get super fun. Lots of seat time and some close twinning when your ready for it

17. Arseniy12

Arseniy12 New Member

That sounds really good, thanks for the info. Got myself on the reserve list for the last one, but have to be quicker next month ha.

18. StayDrunk

StayDrunk Member

Am i being stupid or is there a reason why it seems there is nothing else on but stock car stuff next year at Norfolk?! :(

[​IMG]

19. mat246

mat246 New Member

Following

20. crossy1988

crossy1988 New Member

If ur willing to travel there a drift day being run in Pembrey south Wales run by drift Inc and kinzuru kits honestly ull enjoy your self. Available for all levels of experience free tyre change just supply ur own rubber they run weekend events so if ur a fair distance not like down and back in a day and worth every penny