Shogun sport anyone got one?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by gt4tosupra, Nov 27, 2015.

1. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

What they like guys? Petrol or diesel, anyone any experience? I keep seeing them all over the place :)

2. dave325i

dave325i Member

Myself and my father had one out in test drive when they first came out. Suspension was terrible and very easy to roll. Was way behind the landcruiser standard.

3. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

I got a y reg, the steering gets pretty loose, you wanna check for rust but cant fault it as a tow car, can get loads in the back and pulls my heavy trailer and e36 no problem

4. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

Which one you got mate, 2.5td? What's economy like?

5. Marko369

Marko369 Member

Had a 3.5 v6 pajero a few years ago, top jeeps and will pull anything! I had it gassed so sub 20mpg wasn't so bad but if I was putting petrol in id not be happy lol

6. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

Its pretty shit for running around as a daily (I got a quad for that to save money) but it not bad on a steady tow to a drift track. I'm 35 miles from Buxton go up and down lots of hills and it costs about 25 quid round trip.

7. blue32

blue32 Member

Ive got a 2003 v6 3 litre petrol one. Had it for nearly 4 years it's done 120 k and apart from wear and tear it'd been great. As already said watch out for rust on the rear chassis rails and loose worn front suspension . Depends on what you want one for really. As a tow car or up and down the motorway they are great but on bumpy country roads they are bouncy. As for fuel economy you will want a diesel if you are doing any sort of mileage cost £70 to fill mine up and don't quite get 300 miles out of that

8. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

£70 for 300 miles isn't too bad I reckon. It's for work. Gas and plumbing. I've been whore-ing my way through all sorts lately and can't find anything I'm completely happy with. Atm I have an avensis tdi and it's great on fuel, 48mpg, but it's fuckin slow as fuck with all the gear in. Like pulling out of junctions is just a joke! Before I had a Subaru legacy 2.5, which was decent for power, but did about 23mpg, and before that was a hilux surf, plenty of pulling power, 22mpg, but I got rid. Wish I hadn't really. Fuel eco kinda goes out the window when I get this pissed off driving something lol :)

9. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

You literally just bought a new car for work???

Seriously dude, you need a van.

10. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

I'm a car whore mate. Been through a few work cars this year....Subaru legacy tt, hilux surf, Subaru legacy 2.5na, Audi a6, and now d4d avensis, but I defo don't want a van. Either 4x4 or estate.

This avensis so fuckin underpowered tho that I was being overtaken by berlingo yesterday because it can't handle the weight of 2 guys, 1 boiler, and boot full of tools :( it's depressingly bad

11. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

Sack the shogun......
    Want this!
    [​IMG]

12. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

oh god :smash::smash:

Why not just get a Berlingo and be done with it??
    Surely you're spending half your earnings buying a new vehicle every 2 months??

13. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

No mate I'm making decent money turning over these cars as well! Doubled up on the legacy twin turbo, made few hundred on hilux, broke even on the next legacy, same with Audi even after blowing turbo, and this avensis should make good money too :)

14. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

[​IMG]
    Picked this up guys, and really love it! Much better than Hilux surf, and avensis of course! Had it sideways today as well!

15. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

i hope its had the work done to the motor else your going to be scraping it or getting your hand dirty and wallet out.

16. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

Ye it must have had mate cos it's got 203k on the clock. Ex fleet vehicle. My thoughts are I've a better chance with this one than a 90k er . Plus it was a grand cheaper so if worst does happen I wont feel as bad

17. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

203 holy shit your brave