Another #yolo build - sub $2000AUD/950 Pound 1JZ S13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by afraid, Jan 6, 2016.

1. daniel_g

daniel_g Member

Love zero fucks given builds like this!

2. afraid

afraid Member

Got it to the track. Got 3 laps in all day before I went home. Had issues with the alternator, handbrake and suspension.
    Gearbox input shaft bearing is shot and sounds like hell tearing open when driving. Handbrake doesn't lock up.

Stock suspension is absolutely brutal and I couldn't get any power down, which I can normally drive around, if I had a handbrake :(

So spent most of the day like this;

[​IMG]

Anyway G1 in two weeks so I have to get the input shaft bearing fixed, add suspension and get it in paint.

3. afraid

afraid Member

Took it to G1, I drove it terribly (steering column was fouling on the rear turbo and I have a lack of talent). On the 9 hour drive home I decided to sell it and finish my Supra instead.

[​IMG]

Then the buyer of the S13 had some issues and I had some cold feet so it seems I still have it. So I put some worse fitting rear wheels on.
    Now I just need to decide between going single turbo or just LS swapping it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. afraid

afraid Member

Was doing a clean up at home and found a 2JZ-GTE head and internals in one of my spare bedrooms. So I guess now I'm going 2JZ-GTE. Will throw a 60mm borg warner turbo I have laying around on it as well and see what it does.

Pulled down a block that I had laying around, and I'm now rebuilding it with ARP rod bolts and head studs to try and keep it reasonably alive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

So this has turned into a sub $10,000 build now lol don't they all though....

Will be worth it!

6. robinpipers

robinpipers Member

Awesome build :) how was the balance of the driveshaft after building it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk