UK Low Style Drift/Daily S13 200sx SR20DET Swapped

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by josh3880, Feb 18, 2016.

1. josh3880

josh3880 Member

Teeside NYE and onward

After having a "smashing" time at Three Sisters, apart from the cosmetics of my car nothing broke and I didn't even use a pair of tires due to the constant rain. I was pleased to know that my engine swap had performed flawlessly and was already good to go for my next drift day.

This is before 3 Sisters Smashhuuuu!

[​IMG]

I booked on for Teeside on New Years Eve around the same time I booked on for 3 Sisters. I had been wanting to do drive Teeside for a while now after spectating the BDC and Driftcup for some years now, It was about time I got myself around there to have some fun. I convoyed up north with a great bunch of people, most had tickets to drive that particular day. The weather was again moist in the morning but stayed dry for most of the day.

After just a few runs I instantly fell in love with both sides of the track and was linking everything up pretty comfortably. I had passengers with me all day and they seemed to enjoy themselves, although I'm not one to show off I prefer doing runs on my own I can concentrate and progress better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't get much media coverage ahah, but these are just a few cool pictures taken from the spectators hill. I was shocked to see that even once it had dried up I didn't seem to be making any smoke, but the track didn't stay dry for too long and I wouldn't say it was bone dry. It didn't matter though I put in some solid runs that got me pumped and only gave me more confidence to go in a little harder each run. I must say I was pleased by the way Teeside is run, It seemed very professional yet laid back which I liked the most. The tyre van man was shit hot, and also cheap, I only did one tyre change and drove home on them too. After a fun packed day it was time to go home and watch the fireworks, I had developed an extremely loud blow from the underside of my car, I didn't attempt to fix this on track but I wish I did now because the drive home was horrendous!

[​IMG]

I can safely say that I will be a regular at Teeside in the future, the commute isn't too bad and I would like to session the west track more.

Next post will pretty much be upto date with where I'm at now with the car and what my plans are for 2016...

22/02/16 22:26

2. josh3880

josh3880 Member

Thanks man, That's it keep it simple but with a pinch of swag, We believe this kind of attitude should be everyone's really!

3. jackg16

jackg16 Member

Very nice daily drifter you have yourself. I'm in the process of doing a possible swap for an 89 s13 and have an sr swap in mind. Yours didn't seem too much hassle.

4. josh3880

josh3880 Member

Cheers man, It's a fairly simple swap that's why its most common. I found that the SR engine is so much more simpler than the CA. But if you have a running CA still I wouldn't bother doing a swap straight away, My CA was brilliant until the belt snapped and that was just my fault for being lazy and putting it off till last minute.

5. jackg16

jackg16 Member

well the s13 in question has only done 80k from the ca18det so not worth changing until its ruined maybe?

6. josh3880

josh3880 Member

No don't! there is nothing wrong with a CA that is still running. I would just change the belt cambelt, Cure rust your sump and paint it because they rot and seap oil, and use generic 10w40 oil with regular changes, Run low boost and keeping it cool with an ally rad, then in theory it should last you. Don't spoil the CA with fancy shiny parts, just look after it and it should look after you.

7. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

Definitely don't swap it out unless you have issues. CA's are brilliant motors and sound ace too. I run my CA on 10w60, bang in an oil cooler too to help prolong bottomenddeath.

8. side slide

side slide Member

Thought I recognised this, joyous skid wheels onto saint marys way

9. josh3880

josh3880 Member

Yes! on a regular occurrence

10. josh3880

josh3880 Member

Picture Update & Current Plans

I managed to track down a few more pics from Teeside on NYE so I thought I may as well share them with you. Looking at them made me want to lower my car to the fullest so I did exactly that a couple of weeks into January this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obligatory hard pose next to mine and my homie Adam's lowriders

[​IMG]

So after an amazing end to the year my fitment was annoying me, it just wasn't low enough on the 17's! I set an incredible amount of droop to the rear shocks, And for the front I removed them to unwind the bottom mounts so that I could take the 2 spring collars off and wound them to the other side of the mount at the bottom. This gave me the maximum amount of lows possible on my HSD MonoPro's.

The nearside is still badly damaged but it looks cool now that its lower right?
    [​IMG]

Also SreetTrackLife did a small wright upon the car which was pretty cool. You can check that out in the link below \/

laPignose Partyla – STREET!TRACK!LIFE!

[​IMG]

This build is up to date now, I got a delivery of some fresh parts the other day so I will post up the goodies soon. I plan on driving at Buxton Raceway on the 13th March. Really looking forward to driving with mates without needing a roll cage! Should be a fun day, and it will be interesting to see how much better the infield is now that they have re-tarmacked and removed the curbs. I've got a few jobs to do on the car before the event so I will get to work on that this weekend.

24/02/2016 20:22

11. side slide

side slide Member

Sounds well, I live just off Hall Street, Greystoke, usually a purple Nissan Cedric sat on the drive but its on holiday at the moments

12. josh3880

josh3880 Member

A Cedric in Stockport!? Cool man

13. side slide

side slide Member

Yessir, can't miss it haha.
    [​IMG]

14. Gooly

Gooly Member

Awesome thread, epitome of what uk s-body ownership should be like

15. josh3880

josh3880 Member

Swaaaggg, I don't think I've ever been down this road to be honest. If you have a build thread on the Cedric copy me a link.

- - - Updated - - -

Preach!

16. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Very cool, considering you're doing it all on stock lock it's even more impressive

17. josh3880

josh3880 Member

Cheers dude! Yeah I believe the best way to learn is starting with stock power and lock, The lock will be getting upgraded soon though.

18. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Really enjoy threads like this, definitely up there at one of the best! Car looks really cool as well dude. Where'd you get the purple V8 Illuminati sticker from? ;)

19. josh3880

josh3880 Member

Thanks man glad you like it. I got the sticker from the Pope himself and chose the colour vinyl. I know a lot of people who are asking where to get these stickers from so I will speak with him soon and see if he will cut a batch out to sell.

20. J_W97

J_W97 Member

Think I saw that the other day on the way home. Had presence