ECR33 4 Doors for more....

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Direza, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Direza

Direza Member

Well well well, its been a long time since I've posted any threads let alone on any threads. I've been through many car adventures in the past few years, some good some bad. But I've ended up with another R33, this time a 4 door.

Just a quick recap at what happened with my old R33

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After spending quite a bit of time, and not really getting to enjoy the car. Sometimes, things just...don't "work out", a lady came up the street at 60k's and hit it up the rear, when I wasn't in the car.
    [​IMG]

I moved onto many cars in between, however one of which was a MX73 Cressida.
    with which I cruised all over the coast every weekend! The trusty 5m managed to live through it all!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hoshinosssss!
    [​IMG]

So this brings me to my next part of this post..
    Say hello to Luna ;) The trusty 4 door!
    As compared to my old 2 door Coupe!
    [​IMG]

First thing was first, needed to get it relatively roadworthy.
    Previous owner ended up spraying nightshade on the headlights, indicators, tail lights..
    All attempts at cleaning were futile as the plastic had absorbed it too much. So replacements were sourced.
    [​IMG]

#1 Direza, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. Direza

Direza Member

The wheels were now gone in turn for some R32 GTST Wheels
    [​IMG]

The wing that came with it wasn't really my "thing". But I gave it a shot..
    [​IMG]

Went on a wee little mountain run with a friend and my partner.
    [​IMG]

First service before a skid pan day at Queensland Raceway! Plugs, oil, filters, bla bla
    Found some aftermarket coilpacks..although was informed they are a crap brand. Still better than nothing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately don't have any videos of being on the skidpan, but as per usual, manual conversion was on the cards after the first few goes on the limiter, and all of the wiring needed a look over, with a unsecured battery that almost caught everything on fire and spilled battery acid everywhere and constant loss of power due to very bad ground points all over the car.
    Very dirty afterwards!
    [​IMG]

A few weeks of ownership and the exhaust decided to take a trip to the Bahamas', falling off while driving.
    [​IMG]
    So at work had my friend Sam our mechanic give me a hand with making up a new one after purchasing a few metres of 3" pipe.
    [​IMG]

Changed my plates over at Transport Depot to my ones as well.
    [​IMG]

#2 Direza, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  3. Direza

Direza Member

Christmas time came around!

So we had made major progress on my partners HR31, that was undergoing the knife..
    [​IMG]

Engine bay in the middle of being stripped to be prepped and ready for paint.
    [​IMG]

My partner Jess engraving some engine mounts on her HR
    [​IMG]

She ended up getting herself quite an expensive present for her birthday. Budget went out of the window unfortunately due to the builder not communicating with us what so ever and basically going to 'balls to the wall' Forged.
    [​IMG]

I shall leave her progress at this for you all ;)
    [​IMG]

4. Direza

Direza Member

Took her to a carwash, and thought that it was time to spice it up with some rims.
    [​IMG]

10.5+20 Rear with some Achilies which ended up leaking air.
    9 +20 Front with some Federal 595 RSR's
    [​IMG]

Had to pump and roll the guards in the rear.
    [​IMG]

Jess and Luna chillin in the sun.
    [​IMG]

I tried to track down a genuine GTR front bar, but ended up getting rid of the M spec front bar for a Top Secret, which I'm not actually a big fan of funnily enough. It will do for now until I decide if I want to try and attempt tracking down a genuine bar or go for maybe a Vertex or a GTR copy.
    As well as I got a genuine GTR Grill.
    [​IMG]

Exploring.jpg
    [​IMG]

Deciding on what I want the theme to be, the only one logical idea came to mind.

My favourite show of all time Knight Rider! from when I was younger.
    So All Black Everything! Similar to this JZX!
    [​IMG]

L.I.G.H.T.S.O.U.T
    [​IMG]

Aaaaaaaaaaand this brings us up to date for now!

Last but not least, I ended up getting some 4 Door GTR Rear Pods made up by Kmak.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stay tuned! QLD QR Matsuri in March! Got to get Luna ready!

#4 Direza, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  5. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

hot girl(had to say sorry) hot car, hot country?

your living the dream i think dude im subd for progress... :thumbs:

that engine bay colour is the nuttssss

6. Direza

Direza Member

Haha Thanks Tiredhero.

Update time!
    Got some time to do a few radical things recently.

So as you all know by now, this is what the arse end looked like
    [​IMG]

I have been tossing up with what I wanted to do for a long time.
    So I decided on a few things.

This is a few examples.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Going to try and at least keep it semi clean, VIP and streetable, words which don't really go together in the same sentence.

Jess, instead of having a walk in wardrobe, has a.."cardrobe" haha.
    [​IMG]

I acquired some tail lights!
    [​IMG]
    This is what they look like fitted
    [​IMG]
    in comparison to current
    [​IMG]

As well as a new Garnish with new boo
    [​IMG]

Test fitted Pods and fitted wannnng
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So with Luna being off the road for the last week or so, it was time to fit them all up completely and bolt them down with something better than zip ties.
    [​IMG]

Pods fully fitted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Check our page out on Facebook and give it a like!
    KRC GARAGE
    https://www.facebook.com/KRC-Garage-779070502193121/

Stay Tuned!

#teambsa

#6 Direza, Mar 12, 2016
  7. Okoye

Okoye Member

Looks great. If you painted the top portion of the trunk black and keep the area that has skyline red it'll look mint.

8. Direza

Direza Member

Yeah definitely getting painted, just want to collect all the exterior pieces prior to panel and paint, so its just done in one go. :smash: fun part is going to be picking the flake for the colour. Its going black again.

9. Direza

Direza Member

Update timeeeee

Bit of a flashback from back in the day with the cressida and Ivaaaa's stagea.
    [​IMG]

So my old 33 came up for sale recently, looking a little worse for wear.. or rather what is left of it.
    [​IMG]

Windscreen was cracked so I got a replacement put in
    [​IMG]

I got myself a banner made with a change of name of our crew.
    KRC Garage - Knight Rider Crew Garage @2016 :smokin:

[​IMG]

Got tired of the look, so sold off the kit
    [​IMG]

Finally decided on kit and bit the bullet.
    [​IMG]

Did some minor trouble shooting... after chasing wiring issues to sensors..
    [​IMG]

Got tired of it looking raggedy... Sent my wheels away to Low.Co.Customs down at GC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got some tires refitted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got hold of a spoiler roof lip
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kit arrived
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~~ONLY Dilemma I had was that the skirts were way too short, and were not for a 4 door 33.. even though the company that made them swore by them saying they were. Upon seeing photos of them being up against my car they said that every single one they have is wrong and gave me a semi refund. After which I'll just source another set to suit. Kind of sucks, but oh well ~~~

#9 Direza, May 2, 2016
  10. Direza

Direza Member

First test fit @ work.
    [​IMG]

After getting it home I ended up putting a bit more time into it.
    [​IMG]

Rear Bar does need a lot of trimming, but its not too bad of a fit, obviously not perfect and will need more mounting points and again more trimming, but it'll do for now until it goes for full panel and paint and they can sort the rest.
    [​IMG]

Height wise, its not too bad, although of course I don't know how high the skirts are going to be off the ground, but i'm sure i'll sort something. Damn Australia and their minimal 100mm laws..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tested Roof Lip with the new additions
    [​IMG]

Shenanigans to finish off a set of tires.

https://youtu.be/JqzldAsSeNQ

@KRC Garage :)

#10 Direza, May 2, 2016
  11. Direza

Direza Member

So small update since its been awhile!

[​IMG]

So I saddled in to pack for an event,

[​IMG]

I attended my first full track event a few weeks ago at Queensland Raceway over here in Aus, for a drift night, which they hold pretty much every Friday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Needless to say didn't break a single thing, and went through only one set of tires, since it started to pour down like a torrential rain for around an hour half way through.

[​IMG]

Drove to the event had an absolute blast with a friend of mine as Passenger, however instantly the weak links were revealed....

[​IMG]

So getting right back amidst the 33ness. It was time to address the steering lock, I found the lock or rather "Lack of" not really problematic, but with the design of the track we have here, as you come off the dipper, you can flick it nice and wide and hold it dead flat on pretty much full lock and let it lose angle for a transition.

So I visited our local Beau and the boys @'Garage 13' to do up some braced 25mm extended LCA's on each side.
    and while I was at it got some new A32 Tie rods and A32 Rack ends to suit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which is now currently 4.5* Camber in the front end.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Massive improvements across the board, just waiting on my adjustable Castor and Camber arms all around to come in from now and I can get it all redialed in.

I ended up getting sick of the tint that was old and washed out, and sick and tired of people staring through the back window through my soul while I am driving on the road.
    So I got the whole rig retinted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ended up getting some new seats that have side adjustment for bucketynessness

Top = New
    Bottom = Old
    [​IMG]

New r34 skyline steering wheel to replace my old series 1 wheel which was all ripped up with this immaculate one.
    [​IMG]

Finally got myself some M-Sport skirts to suit the same style of kit that I already have after getting screwed around with the original purchase of the whole kit.

[​IMG]

Did a ton of driving and lots of shenanigans, which I have plenty of videos of which I will update on which is happening very soon our KRC Garage Youtube channel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our KRC Garage little meet up with a few of our members.
    Josh, and James. We are now 5, which we will do some rad events and get some radical footage of soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

#11 Direza, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  12. Direza

Direza Member

Refitted the skirts a little better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SOooo000000! It was time to address the "Manuel" issue.

[​IMG]

Since I do not particularly enjoy driving an automatic, although as seen on the track day, it is "doable" with ease but not probable in the long run, more for temporary lols.
    So I ended up letting loose on the GKtech website.. :no: so.. some of the very important things such as my ABS removal kit, brake lines, etc.

(Previous owner had removed the use of rear brakes entirely dodge way, so driving this on the road is interesting in the wet with faulty ABS... nearly slamming in the back of a very 'no expenses spared' S15 on track was interesting enough to not attend again until it is fixed.)
    [​IMG]

Goodies arrived, and lots more on the way.

[​IMG]

After which I visited a local guy who was wrecking 33's and picked up remaining bits and pieces (Should have waited to buy GKTech stuff instead of buying a master and slave when I ended up getting one with the rest of the goods anyway but new is new so whatever. So now I am on the hunt for a decent box, and clutch / flywheel setup, which i'll be going with NPC for.

[​IMG]

Picked up a manual cluster to suit with low 150,000kms in good nic
    [​IMG]

All brand new really bright white LED Bulbs for the cluster gonna look smick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So decided on a half cage, since I want to be on the "Safe side" with learning all this driftieen shenanigans, especially with such aggressive ripple strips here and the fact that I want to ham @ local matsuri this coming October (Hope I get a spot). As one car had already flipped last year's and ended up on its roof and the only thing that saved the guy and his passenger was the half cage. (QLD Laws indicate you can't run a full 6 point, so no side bars :cry: )

So spent two days getting rid of everything and anything in the rear.

[​IMG]

Got some new wheel nuts, extra long in black,

[​IMG]

After which I went and got a mod plate for the cage and 4>2 seating capacity change, (QLD Laws...bleh) but on the bright side can't get hassled.

[​IMG]

Soooo last but not least, some of you may remember my old 33 GTR shell, which was written off. I always felt like that took a piece of me when I parted it all (Should have kept it but oh well), since I loved that car, so I decided to reincarnate it from the dead in one sense.

So after doing this several times in stupid places like driveways that have random rocks at night time that do not move...

[​IMG]

I had it with fibreglass kits...although easily fixable, or "ziptie /drillable"
    I'd much rather plastic and genuine.... so after searching for 6 months...

I scored a genuine front bar with indicators and vents / N1 vent inserts etc!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also picked up a set of absolutely mint GTR Headlights
    [​IMG]

So that is where the journey for the GTR front conversion begins!

Things left to go are!
    ~ Guards,
    ~ Guard Risers,
    ~ Bonnet,
    ~ Reo.

So that is all for my small update ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned!
    KRC Out! \m/ :cool:

#12 Direza, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  13. TheHouse

TheHouse Member

Liking this a lot man. Really liking r33 4 doors at the minute, they're hard to 'do' right, but this one is looking good

14. Direza

Direza Member

Thanks bud, i'm really looking forward to testing out the steering and non hicas with the manual setup next event I attend!

15. Direza

Direza Member

I have a few goodies coming from Japland via Jesse Streeter this week for it, such as these ;)

[​IMG]

So should be here this week shall be nice to be able to have the windows open while driving in the rain.

[​IMG]

:cool: \m/_

16. G535

G535 Member

Great Thread! Im actually not a fan of the r33 but your sedan is hot. Kinda sad to see the fk style bumper go but yeah...maybe nexxt year I can relate to it haha

17. ranga1

ranga1 New Member

R32 gtr gearboxes are cheap and you cut off and weld a plate where the front shaft for the transfercase goes. Drove past this monster today. Awesome stance.

18. Direza

Direza Member

Wider and phatter things coming haha ;)

Thanks bud, i'll end up tracking down a decent 25 box eventually and just roll with that as I bought a ton of stuff to suit a 25 box already to go with it.

Also update ;) Jap parts rocked up!

[​IMG]

Really high quality and its going to look amaze balls.

[​IMG]

So I had an eventful evening last night. I left 2 nights ago to go home from picking up some goodies for a friend of mine around 20 kms away from home, and the car started to stall at the lights. Limped it home hitting a pretty mild boost cut. So I thought it may have sprung a boost leak, but it was late and I thought fuck it i'll leave it for the next day.

Left it till last minute and around 8pm left to get some gas and pick up some dinner. Car wouldn't start, let alone idle and when it did once again the same deal. Fuel gauge showing empty, I limped it to the gas station thinking perhaps its basically running on fumes..

Turned the car off, topped up to full, paid....and won't start.

Checked the fuel reg gauge and not even 0.1 bar.

Sooo got stuck at the gas station for around 4 hours, until I managed to get it started and running barely to limp back home 5 minutes up the road.
    Killed the entire night of grabbing any form of dinner, as everything shut shop >_<...

Aaaaaaanyway, today I ended up heading down to 999 Automotive, and picked up a brand new Walbro 255 Pump, and a while I was at it, I figured it was time for a KLS Power Spirit Front Mount Intercooler Kit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installing it into 33's is a bit of a screw around but over all straight forward.
    [​IMG]

New Pump vs Old.
    [​IMG]

All fitted up and ready to go back in.
    [​IMG]

Than I headed over to a buddies house to get some work done on the front end.
    [​IMG]

Intercooler and deleting the AC completely, as I simply never use it, and its been missing a belt for the past year since I got the car.
    [​IMG]

All fitted up and ready to rock 12 pound again solid!
    [​IMG]

~ KRC Garage out! \m/

#18 Direza, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  19. Direza

Direza Member

So fitted them up tonight! Really happy with the fitment for an aftermarket kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned!

20. Direza

Direza Member

Starting to get frosty in the mornings!

[​IMG]

~KRC Garage out!

\m/