2000 Nissan Skyline GTT ER34

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Joss, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Stylecase-Adam

This is looking great man! Can't wait to see it in person at some point this year (Y)

2. Joss

Joss Member

Customs kept hold of it for further screening, which ended up taking 3 weeks. They didn't provide information as to why and they didn't provide any information on what they found.

To put it simply, it cost OPJP £15 a day for the car to be at the docks, and 21 days X £15 is a nice little wedge of cash for Customs. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's a con 80% of the time.

The nardi was a gift from my girlfriend but it is in the Driftworks store for £200 ish I believe.

Thanks dude, I'm sure we'll bump into eachother again at some point [emoji41] I plan to head all over the place this year!

3. Joss

Joss Member

So.. An update.

The car took forever to get MOT'd but finally the paperwork was sent off to the DVLA on the 30th March recorded signed delivery.

It was signed for on the 2nd, three days later weirdly, should have been received within 2 days tbh. Anyway I called after a week, "no sir not received it" which continued for a few days until finally I was told "we've lost it all, we'll open an investigation".

Today at around 2pm I called and asked for an update, and I was told the same thing again, it's all missing please call Monday to check.

I call at 5 today - THE SAME DAY - and get told:
    "Yeah it's been sent back to you because the cheque included wasn't for the correct amount, it was posted this morning."

The wrong amount was sent because the tax rate for imports has changed as of the 1st April by £3. Hence why the paperwork 'wasn't received' until the 2nd - it meant they could fleece me for more money and waste 2 weeks of my fucking time being lying wankers. I put the phone down before I kicked off and will call on Monday and get aggy over it.

So basically I've had 2 weeks wasted and am going to have to wait another 2-3 weeks because I have to send it all back and have it all processed yet again.

Fucking raging is an understatement.

ON THE OTHER END OF THE SPECTRUM:

In the mean time, as mentioned above I had ordered a pair - 2 wheels - from Work Wheels through Driftworks.

I bought a pair as I planned to do the Rocki Drift day in May so I needed some extra wheels, and I was going to throw them on the front and use the splits as skidders while I saved for another pair of Works for the back.

5 weeks later I get an email saying they've been shipped and will receive them Thursday of this week. I rush home from work and there's an invoice for 2 wheels, but something doesn't seem right?

[​IMG]

Not one to cheat the system and hoping I'd help my Karma out and hopefully prevent someone else being deprived of wheels I sent an email over and told Driftworks I'd received 2 extras. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction remember.

Anyway it turns out they weren't owed to anyone else it was just a mistake by Work Wheels and - just my luck - probably would have gone unnoticed had I not mentioned it. But oh well, I arranged a discounted price with DW which meant I could keep the extra two, which is a good thing because I don't think I could have waited the 6 weeks again for another pair further down the line..

Everyone said 'oh why did you tell them you could have kept them for free' but really it would have been wrong not to say anything. I guess I'm more honest compared to my friends. As soon as I realised I'd been sent a full set of four I was overcome with guilt so fuck knows how people can live with themselves.

18x10.5 ET12, they are enormous [emoji7]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

WOW loving this thread, proper nice!!

I would ride her without the front bumper, love bumperless cars :)

5. Simon Skyline

Simon Skyline Member

Those wheels are gonna look fat & phat lol :alschaser

All credit to you mate for being honest... Kind of feel bad for you that you had to pay for them but I have much respect for you doing the right thing :thumbs::thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out :cool::cool:

6. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

That's gonna look ace man! Good on ya for the honest approach, I had a similar thing except just with cash, the bank woman was counting it out and gave me £200 extra by accident (no idea how), I decided to give it back for karma reasons too haha

7. Joss

Joss Member

Cheers guys [emoji41][emoji41]

8. Joss

Joss Member

So, I collected this beast at the weekend.

A nice 200 mile trip home with knocking top mounts, fibreglass dragging and rock hard shocks.

Was a happy bunny though [emoji5]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Stopped at Bluewater for some foods)

[​IMG]

And finally home.

You may notice the registration plates aren't fitted - they didn't get made in time while collecting the car in Bournemouth so I just borrowed some trade plates to bring it home.

I set about fitting my Nardi today and got under it to try and see if I could help the awful suspension in any way - unfortunately not.

[​IMG]

Pretty happy over all though, engine sounds sweet and it pulls hard. Hopefully sort some tyres and suspension soon so I can drop it properly and make it drivable without breaking my back and eardrums.

[​IMG]

9. tiffyman

tiffyman Member

10. Joss

Joss Member

Hi dude, I'm loving mine too. Yours looks clean. Which wheels did you want fitment pics of, the T7Rs or the VS-SS?

If you have a buy it now price in mind for the CS2s send me a PM, I'm not really in a position to buy coilovers ATM though :/

11. G535

G535 Member

The Works will be über sweet on the 4 door :)

Is that Uras that came with the car?

The Nardi's perfect, I got a the 350mm version and love the quality so much! Keep it up mate!

12. tiffyman

tiffyman Member

Thanks Mate, Looks clean in photos :) Pics of the TR7s if you have any?

Im looking for about £650/£700 for the coilovers

What other plans have you got?

13. Joss

Joss Member

I'm looking forward to getting them on [emoji41]

Yes the URAS came with the car, it's a shame the front end is damaged.

I'm loving my Nardi, smartens up the interior to no end!

I'll sort some tyres soonish and hopefully get them on for good. I didn't take any photos during the test fit unfortunately :(

£650 is a bit out of my price range unfortunately, thanks anyway though!

Plans are just to slam it on the T7Rs, get fitment bang on, and try and tidy it up with a new bumper and painting the bonnet grey again to match the rest of the car.

No immediate plans for power or anything it's plenty fast enough and I want to try and keep it reliable. Focus will be on seat time when some more drift events come up later this year.

Being 21 and having 2 cars means money's tight!

14. tiffyman

tiffyman Member

No worries mate. Id be very interested to see the fitment when done. I have been struggling with fitment. Im currently running 18 x 9.5 et35 and they are near perfect.

15. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

I'm not 100% that R34 GTT shocks will fit a 4 door. Pretty sure they use the same rears as R33's.

16. Joss

Joss Member

They will be aggressive. Plenty of poke and stretch...

I believe ER34s have rear shocks with fork fitment at the bottom, and S14/S15 shocks fit. I think I'm just going to hold off and get some HSDs from Driftworks that are ER34 specific. I loved my HSDs on the BMW.

17. tiffyman

tiffyman Member

Im a 100% sure they will :)

18. Joss

Joss Member

So I ended up buying Chris' CS2s, collecting tomorrow and hopefully fitting Saturday, along with locking out my HICAS.

Ive also sold my Work VS-SS - the chap should be collecting Saturday.

That means lows and wheels should be accomplished and G status reached very soon if all goes to plan!

[​IMG]

19. GETitSIDEways

GETitSIDEways Mutha Funka

Yep confirmed...I have R33 on my R34 4door.

20. Joss

Joss Member

Well, update time.

I picked up the CS2s and straight away got to fitting them. Was honestly the easiest suspension install I've ever done, everything was a piece of cake to take apart since it was lacking in one key ingredient - rust!

I ordered tyres for my wheels but nobody was interested in fitting them because they didn't want to damage the wheels so I'm going to take them to a friend in a week or two - I'm in no rush to get them on because I've discovered the spacers on the car have a different thread pattern to the standard studs so I can't use the wheel nuts I currently have fitted to the spacers. I also can't remove the front spacers because I need some weird key, but I'll work out a way around that.

[​IMG]

I also fitted my HICAS lockout bar, I've got massive toe in on the rear but coupled with the CS2s the car now drives amazingly well. I've missed having a fun car to drive! Went for a spirited drive along the coast with a couple of friends and had a little skid too, during which it impressed me very much!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And it got a little wash, before I whacked on a STL! Sticker I received with my Jumper from Ali at Street!Track!Life! and an UpGarage sticker that my friend Mo from Superstyle brought back for me from Japan.

[​IMG]