Why isn't my car selling?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by GethinD, Apr 22, 2016.

1. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

It's starting to get to me now.

I thought it would have sold within a few days given the spec and price but I'm seriously struggling to shift it.

It's been for sale about 3 weeks now but I've only received 1 laughable offer.

Can i please get some honest feedback from the cut throat driftworks forum so that i can get it shifted and get my 32 back.

Link: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262395806435&alt=web

Thanks

2. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Personally if I were in the market I'd buy a cleaner S14 or similar over a tatty 350Z, the aftermarket puts me off for Z's too in that it's no where near as good/affordable as an S/R-body. Maybe people don't want cool N/A powers. That could be just me though.

3. GethinD

I agree to some extent but at the same time i know, as I've personally owned and drifted S/R body's, and out of the box the Z is far more capable, well built, comfortable & reliable.

£4000 is naff all in today's Japanese rwd market (I sold my CA powered S13 for £4k) and there are very few cars that are as capable with such little work done.

4. GethinD

So, be honest, what do you value it at?

Also, what would you value it at if i had the bodywork sorted?

I can get the body work sorted for £400

#4 GethinD, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  5. eddie_r32

eddie_r32 Member

Stripped out, buckets, welder bit tatty on bodywork take it out of daily/cruiser/skid car and put it into toy category, if I had 4K spare now I would come and grab that but I don't, hold out for a sale or find an interior, put LSD in and get bodywork sorted.

6. grahamc

grahamc Member

About 2.5 years ago I paid 4.2k for my old 350z, with less miles and in better condition. Zs are heavy, so arent ideal for track, diffcult to mod as NA mods dont make gains, etc.

Personally, I would put standard interior back in and sell the OMP kit separately. I would also remove the front wrap, it doesnt look well done.

BTW I sold mine to buy an MX5 track car ;) love it!!!

7. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

That shit stuck all over it would be the only thing stopping me buying it. Pull it off and polish it up, rear bumper off a breaker for peanuts. Should sell fine then.

8. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

Stripping it out isnt bonus, its just missing bits.

9. shikari_chaos

shikari_chaos Member

That front bumper seriously needs the wrap taking off it. The bonnet probably too. Panels in carbon wrap is one thing, part panels=lol
    Cool looking setup other than that

10. GethinD

I get that you'd paid £4.2k but had yours just had £2.5k spent on brand new parts?
    Also, how are Z's not ideal for track use and difficult to mod????
    What issues on track were you having with yours as i think mine is fantastic.

I've never seen anyone comment on an S/R body with bucket seats and say "put the stock interior back in"?!?!

Why does a Z seem to be exempt from the "drift car" category where as a slightly tatty S14 with the same mods is worth the same money all day???

Ahahaha, everyone's told me this, the wrap was on when i bought it. I will endeavour to remove it as soon add i get my hands on a heart gun.

11. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Member

From what I've seen the ass is falling out of the value of drift cars fella, I've been trying to sell a good condition AE86 with a V8 swap for half a year now, looks like it'll end up selling for around £6000.

12. GethinD

Can't let it sell that cheap! 86's are worth silly money.

It just breaks me when i think of the thousands I've ploughed into the Z to make it a much more track / drift focused car to have everyone telling me to put it back to stock!

13. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

I always see the Z's as more of a nice road GT than a track/drift beater. I think people will expect a clean, fully loaded, leather-clad Z.

Saying that, 3 weeks isn't that long I don't think at the moment. The right person will come along eventually. All depends if you are desperate to sell for one reason or another. If you want it gone soon then maybe re-fit the interior and clean it up, sell the buckets etc separate.

14. stevros

stevros Member

This is why people are selling for far less than they originally wanted or just break cars that have nothing wrong jus to recoup what they spent. You may have jus spent 2.5k on bits but its still a tatty looking z with no interior bud. No offence intended bud

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

15. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

I'd stick it an interior back in it and sell it as a street car "modified" some 21 yr old will buy it with his student loan.

16. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

This is a combination of "welcome to modified cars", where you know full well when you spend money modding a car that 80% of what you spent is money gone for good, and a case of "supply and demand". You might not like that everyone is saying put it back to stock, but if they are thinking what all the potential buyers are thinking then you need to follow the market.

If you want to make more money back on it, break it for parts. I had to do the same with my IS200 years ago, but I got a few grand more than I would have if I'd sold it as a complete car.

17. robdriftit

robdriftit Member

Is it on the US ebay or is it a weird link? Maybe co.uk ebay would be a better chance?

18. LOKISY

LOKISY Member

I think it's all be said previously if I had 4k and was looking for a new car even if it was for a new drifter. You can get more for your money. 350z seem to have dropped too around the 4k mark and not gone any further. Get it resprayed and that would take care of a lot of the issues.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

19. Lucasdemoley

Lucasdemoley Member

Has this now sold?

I've been keeping my eye on Z's for a while now. Cheap standard cars can start from around £3k. I would say that whilst some items have been added to the car, they don't negate the bodywork issues with the car. There is some fairly extensive damage on the car which will put off some buyers (no everyone can afford a £4.5K car just to use for drifting), but I would say more significantly is the warning lights. Get all the connectors back connected, swap back over the steering wheel and it will look a lot more appealing. I will be after a cheap, rough around the edges 350Z before too long, however the way the add has been worded would put me off this car.

20. GethinD

Ha ha ha, yeah it car sold a couple of days after posting this thread.

Still can't get over the fact that i spent £1000 on the interior and people kept saying to revert it to stock.