Re-introduce!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by 7errors, Apr 24, 2016.

1. 7errors

7errors New Member

Hi guys. I've been on here a while now but haven't posted much as I had a couple of other bits going on.

I'm 21 and from Leeds, haven't got a drift car as of yet but I've got a few things which I'm wanting to do. My current car is an Astra VXR, which has just sold making way for my new car which is a Golf GTD. I work at a recruitment agency and I'm a supercar instructor over the weekends.

In terms of what I'm looking to do drift wise, 2 things. First of all, bag me an E36 or something similar just do learn the initials. I've owned BMWs in the past and had a play about with drifting and it wasn't too bad but I imagine doing it on a track is a little different.. The second thing I'd be looking to do, (simultaneously hopefully) is to get myself a rolling shell of some sort, ideally S Body, or Skyline, and drop an engine in it, sort of a project initially and then once I'm confident sliding get rid of the BMW and live happily ever after!!

Before I make any purchases, has anyone got any advice that they could give? In terms of potential engine drops, or any popular/recommended swaps.

Any information is appreciated!!

Sent from my rectangular life stealer

2. Dastardly

Dastardly Member

Hello, in terms of engine drops/swaps there's nothing wrong with a CA'd S13 as a drift car, after all power isn't everything. You could upgrade in the future too. Just my opinion.