Mx5 DW rear camber arms (y/n?)

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by DouglasB, May 7, 2016.

1. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Long story short I'm after maximum adjustment for my rear camber. Just wondering if anyone has ever had any issues with Driftworks adjustable upper rear camber arms.

Had a mate inform me that they have a tendency to snap?

2. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

From the page in the DW shop: "Using high quality rose joints they eliminate the stock, soft rubber bushes and come with 12 month bearing warranty and lifetime warranty against arm failure."

Bearing in mind if you want to buy the same type of thing you have to buy from the US or Australia and pay about £50 postage, I think I'd rather go for the Driftworks ones as returning shit to the US is gonna get expensive 'if' they even offer the excellent lifetime warranty?

Ian. :)

3. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

True. Can't really go wrong with a lifetime warranty! Fair enough the money would no doubt be returned with DW ut would obviously be an issue if arms were snapping regardless haha (if they are. I'm not 100% sure. I'm just repeating what a mate has said to me, what he's heard about them)

4. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

So you're quoting what 'a mate'...'heard' about Driftworks MX5 camber arms on Driftworks' own forum, very factual. Bearing in mind they've only been selling them for about a year I doubt any MX5 owners have had chance to get theirs dirty yet, let alone break them??

I'm gonna buy some now.

Ian. :)

5. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Yes.

Let me know how you get on :nod:

Gonna just buy a pair in a couple weeks. Surely would be plenty stuff on the interwebs if they had been snapping (no offence Keeve)

6. prblmslvrs

prblmslvrs Active Member

Lol I've just seen this. Keep in mind what I say about everything on the internet mate. Its all most pish untill you see it first hand or someone give you a first hand experience. Just relaying what I read and I didn't mention DW arms, only adjustable ones. Lifetime warranty can't go wrong tbh.

7. Ikeaaxel

Ikeaaxel Member

Considering getting a set of these myself to get rid of the negative camber achieved after lowering. Would be better for tyre wear whilst skidding if these can bring it back to 0degrees. Will buy these or get the welder out and extend the stock ones.