1jzgte oil cooler bypass.

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by TXYota-San!, Oct 7, 2016.

1. TXYota-San!

TXYota-San! New Member

Hi guys im currently building a 1jzgte to swap into my R32 gtst. i planned to just bypass the stock oil cooler. is this system really needed? can you predict any issues by eliminating it?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

Stock oil cooler, engine or gearbox? If its a drift car you're gonna need more cooling, not less

3. TXYota-San!

TXYota-San! New Member

The oil cooler in the oil filter neck.

4. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

As long as you're running an external cooler should be fine.

5. TXYota-San!

TXYota-San! New Member

I didn't plan on it. I guess I'll try to find some hoses to fit in there. Thanks for the help swampy

6. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

If you get a filter relocation kit, say HKS, you get the filter adaptor and relocation kit which has attachments for a cooler. If you're drifting in Texas and want to preserve your engine Id definitely run an external cooler

7. Markfpc

Markfpc Member

You can get the replacement hoses from Toyota I've just replaced the ones on my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. TXYota-San!

TXYota-San! New Member

I just need to do some research for the part numbers then, that's the easy part. hahaha. also plan on routing the heater core hoses together since I wont be needing a heater here in Texas. Once that is done the engine is going in the car so I can create some PS lines. then I still need to measure the trans to diff distance for the driveshaft. install the turbo/manifold/lines, get my front sump oil dipstick and tube. finish all the wiring of the 1jz>R32 harness. get my EMU PnP adapter for the harness and then get it tuned.

9. Markfpc

Markfpc Member

My car is a soarer 1jz vvti the part no's are
    Small one to the block
    16261-88410
    L shaped one
    16264-88401

10. Markfpc

Markfpc Member

I have 2 front sump dip sticks too postage might be pricy though

11. TXYota-San!

TXYota-San! New Member

Mark thank you for that information so quickly. My tuner already has the dipstick and tube I just need him to ship it to me. I will call Toyota today with those part numbers. I cant wait to have this up and running. I don't know of any other R32 Skylines with 1jz swaps in the States.

12. TXYota-San!

TXYota-San! New Member

so after a quick call to Toyota, they cannot locate those part numbers. I believe theres a difference for us here in the States.

13. Markfpc

Markfpc Member

Bull shit, I can't see there being different part no. As these are ordered in from the toyota, try a different Toyota dealer! at my local Toyota dealer the parts department are lazy w*****s as soon as I mention my car is import they don't want to know, so i try the next closest Toyota dealership and they're very helpful giving me part numbers for things they can't even supply but that are available on the internet that's how I got the replacement hoses of the above part numbers

14. Markfpc

Markfpc Member

Do them with the engine out if possible to

15. TXYota-San!

TXYota-San! New Member

so i got the lines sorted out finally. i managed to find two in a random box in my garage that were a perfect match!! lucky right? now my issue is that my tuner who i thought had a front sump dipstick, does not. i know rear/front sump sticks are different lengths. now im stuck trying to find the stick and tube. any insight on this guys? sorry for so many questions. but after about an hour of searching the googles i came up empty.