Opinions on na+t

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by jamesb16a2, Dec 7, 2016.

1. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

So I'm finally away from finance and looking to have a fun cheapish weekend toy my question is what car my shirt list so far is mx5 mk1 turbo gs300 turbo or rx8. The only thing putting me off a gs300 is manual swap is more costly than turbo conversion on the road. Any one got any input my initial layout is 800-1500 quid and build monthly .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

Couple of questions:

What is the criteria for this "weekend toy"? I just don't understand how a GS300 and MK1 MX5 end up in the top 3 together!!!

Also, why N/A +T? This is very confusing?

3. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

1 they are cheap options minimal outlay cheap to insure easy to get parts for 2 they havnt succumbed to fuckboys taking out loans for s14s they can't afford to run then selling on for twice the price 3 I already have a cheap run about why daily a expensive car that guzzles fuel I'v done that it's shit haha. Plus na+t if you look at the motors that I'v selected there tried and proven (bar the rex) I'd engine swap that fucker

4. GethinD

GethinD [][][][][][][][][][]

My personal opinion;

MX5: Hairdresser image, too small.
    GS300: Lardy, expensive to manual.
    RX7: Far too much hassle / expense in converting the engine.

Car to buy that's cheap, parts are more than plentiful and cheap, n/a+t is well proven with excellent results and already has a decent chassis.

In my opinion, you'd be mad to look at anything else but a E36 325 (M50)

5. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

Yeah I hear you that's the only thing putting e if gs300 is manual swap is the same as the car and turbo conversion combined the only thing I don't like about e36 is they generally are trash minus a couple of decent examples I'v had 2 and I blew one up at pod I personally think they're garbage with a bmw badge however 325 I can't judge I'v never owned one if I could find a decent one I'd have a e39 540i

6. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

Also lol lardy. Like that enalagy

7. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

Where the fuck did you go to school? I'm only asking because I might have kids one day and I need to make sure I don't send them there.

Edit: also - nothing will remain cheap to insure when you put a turbo on it.

#7 el_bandido, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  8. Jites

Jites Active Member

An engine swap is a better option IMO. Had NA+T and it was shit for many reasons over an actual SR20DET until I replaced everything.

9. daniel_g

daniel_g Member

Do you need to manual convert the gs300?

I had one and it was just fine being an auto.

You can pick up a 2jz or 1uz soarer for about a grand if a gs300 isnt your thing.