300Bhp Turbo Mx5 10th Anniversary £4000

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by James D, Jan 12, 2017.

1. James D

James D Member

Hi guys, moving onto a onevia so selling this to cover costs.

Located in Twyford near Winchester, £4000

Questions here or via PM is fine - Other option is drop me a line on 07545 216468 (Text preferred plus you're more likely to get an immediate response!)

I really do love this car and it drives incredibly - the power delivery is so smooth but so violent at the same time. It grips really nicely on a dry day but in the wet it'll spin through 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... 4th... 5th... and 6th if you're not careful! Only reason for sale is moving on to something i don't know as well and fancy a new challenge - I've had 5 mx5s and this has been built with the expertise of people i know and also my own knowledge!
    Skids really nicely, very responsive in initiating (with clutch or throttle) and when sideways it's so easy to get it to go where you want it to. Gripping it's the same story however in the wet i'd advise some better rear tyres as T1Rs seem to have the tendency with this kind of power to enjoy spinning in every gear. Had some fun with a couple 911's and seems to be a recurring theme when they can't keep up in the corners!

Dyno printout at the bottom of the thread and the power is at the wheels making it just under 300Bhp at the fly. Lovely smooth curve and it is on full boost well under 3k rpm so doesn't hit you in the face like a brick

10th anniversary limited edition.
    93k miles (low i know!)
    MOT to september
    Passenger rides are welcome however until i have full payment i'm afraid nobody will be driving this as it is a real handful, absolutely not for the faint hearted. I can get videos of it running or of it "in use". Check out my instagram https://www.instagram.com/jamesdunlops/ for a couple videos of acceleration and one showing the tablet when it's fitted

The car was mapped by Nick @ Skuzzle motorsport and all turbo related work has been done by myself. It was mapped to 1.2 Bar and then turned down to 0.8 to run safely - it was mapped with knock sensors and there was no issues however it was turned back because first thing: 1.2 was mental and secondly: safety.

It has been specced to run more power so all you'd need would be forged rods and a 2871R and you'll be nearer 350Bhp+

The turbo + clutch etc was fitted about 1200 miles ago and this is all it has covered in the past year and a half. Coilovers, about 2k miles - the whole build has basically been run in ready for the next owner to make use of it.

- T25G turbo
    - Sturovo thick gauge manifold + downpipe
    - Kinugawa uprated actuator
    - Siruda turbo gaskets (replaced no more than about 150 miles ago)
    - Braided oil + water lines
    - Blitz air filter
    - Gizmodo boost controller
    - Competition Clutch + Lightened Flywheel rated to 500Bhp+
    - Track Dog Racing FMIC with custom pipework (made by myself)
    - MS2 ECU tuned by Nick @ Skuzzle Motorsport
    - 550cc RC injectors
    - Ally Rad
    - Rack Spacers
    - Braided Lines
    - Axxis Ultimate Brake Pads
    - HSD Monopro Coilovers + Fast road alignment
    - Rota Kyusha
    - NS2R front tyres
    - T1R Rear Tyres
    - 6 speed gearbox
    - 3.6 ratio torsen type II (not fuji) - very rare
    - 3" exhaust straight through to a rear small baffle
    - Interior fully stripped and some weight cut out
    - TRL rollbar + harness bar
    - Sparco rev+ drivers seat (practically new however 5 years old) + KSport Harness
    - Cobra monaco passenger seat + TRS Harness
    - 4 Greddy Gauges, Boost, oil + water temp, oil pressure (wiring needs finishing however boost one works)
    - "Drift button" handbrake
    - Tablet case superglued to the dashboard to hold an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet for displying live data from the ECU. (Check my instagram for the video)
    - Yoshi bits gearknob
    - Sparco Snap off steering boss
    - Hardtop colour matched
    - Relocated washer bottle
    - Sony headunit
    - DOT 4 Brake + Clutch fluid
    - Front strut brace
    - Silicone Heater hoses
    - Relocated front numberplate
    - Rear arches rolled + flared (one side looks good, other is questionable so was going to stick overfenders on but never got round to it!)
    The seatbelt towers have been cut out as the harnesses are in use and so this means a soft top cannot be refitted to the car. This is not a problem as it was only going to be used for racing/track or as a weekend car so it didn't bother me if the roof was on or off permanently.

Bad Bits:

Full disclosure, the rear sills have a bit of paint bubbling on them however i smacked them pretty hard with a small hammer to see if it was bad and it's only the outer skin and you can't push a srewdriver through them either. Front passenger side chassis leg has a bit of crust on the underside but would be brushed off and sealed with some stonechip and will last for a few years longer - this is common on Mk2s anyway and nothing has really bothered me about it. - I can send pics on request but it shouldn't take longer than a day to sort which is why i've amended the price to suit - Was listed at £4250 but i don't have the time to fix it myself but again it's not something that bothered me and won't take long if you want it better.

Passenger front caliper sticks a bit if the car hasn't been driven for a while but clears up after some use.

As mentioned above, gauges need wiring in.

Obviously a used nearly 20 year old mx5 so don't expect it to be mint, but it is a perfect car to just jump in, turn the key and it'll make you smile for years to come (if you want it to!)

[FONT=&amp]Few other bits i've probably missed and there are a couple parts that won't stay on the car (front tow strap, steering wheel, and like i said drivers seat will be replaced with a rev+ as the driftworks one i'm keeping).[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/FONT]

#1 James D, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. TurboBoy12

TurboBoy12 Member

Such a cool car. GLWS!!

3. James D

James D Member

Thanks buddy, don't really want to get rid of it but tbf i know mx5s inside out now and need a new challenge haha

4. James D

James D Member

Seriously sorted car still for sale,

Best price £3750 without the gauges and i'll keep them for my new car

Come onnnn (y)

5. James D

James D Member

6. James D

James D Member

7. James D

James D Member