DRIFTING ON A BUDGET - The cheap way (under 500€) | Missile car fun [4K]

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Motion Madness, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Hello Drifting lovers,

I am new here, i'm a Filmmaker from the Netherlands that loves drifting. A while back I made a video of some Drifting on a budget on a oval track in the Netherlands. I wanted to show that you don't necessary need a big budget to get the drifting starting.

I hope you like the vid, please let me know what you think of it and maybe I'll make more videos of drifting.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Video made by: Videoproductie | Motion Madness - Film & More | 4K Ultra HD

2. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Pretty sweet video dude. Those cars are haggard, ha.

3. Johny_k

Johny_k Member

oh look more shitty bmw's, how origional

4. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Oh look, someone having fun while drifting, so original.

Get your fucking head out your arse mate.
    It's a fairly well produced video about people "drifting on a budget"...what do you expect?! GTRs and LFAs?

Get a grip.

5. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

The production is good, the guys are having fun, cool. But come on, if you've got a playground and cars you are clearly willing to thrash you could use a little more imagination and push your progression as a driver a little further than *pull hydro, wind on countersteer, press throttle*

6. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

I enjoyed that. I think people are missing the point. This guy isn't a driver he's a film maker :)

I'd like to see some drone footage and maybe some driver POV shots. But otherwise it's great. It's people having a lot of fun enjoying their hobby. How can you go wrong.

I'd take out the part about it being "cheap" and under £500 mind. Ispotted one bashed up missile car and the drivers seat, gloves and helmet must have cost over a grand lol.
    Not that that's the point.

Cool video. People having fun. Winner for me!

7. Johny_k

Johny_k Member

Seems I hit a nerve.. You know it is possible to drift on a budget with a nice car. You can even find a decent clean BMW which aint completely fucked to drift. Do people not have any pride any more for driving something respectable, drifting used to be about nice looking cars going sideways. Saying "oh look but their having fun" is just a shit excuse for having a fucked car these days.

8. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

My view is amateur drifters drive missiles because they're gunna get fucked, competent drifters often drive cleanish cars

• Like Like x 1
  9. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

Definitely gone off topic.

Point is... Is the video fun to watch

I think it is

10. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

I bet you're fun at parties...

I enjoyed watching it. It looked like a lot of fun!

11. Johny_k

Johny_k Member

I'm surprised some of you are so triggered with my comment and resort to insults rather than actually debate the subject. I agree the video was well filmed and it did look like they were having fun. However It don't defeat the point that them bmw's were fucked and down right horrible to look at, This is becoming more of a trend and slowly becoming the image of grassroots drifting, hasn't drifting always been a great spectator sport for the simple reason that the cars were awesome.

12. Lukey13

Lukey13 Active Member

Agree to this... cars don't have to be smashed to fuck to drift and frankly yeh it looks horrible to just about anyone watching, if your learning fine I suppose but there should literally be rules at practice days that separate the heaps of shit from the cars that people actually take a bit of pride in and like to drift. Drift 'Heros' with smashed up cars tend to not give a fuck about what else is on track and therefore drive accordingly... Until wallop.

Frankly if I took a spectator at an event, practice day or whatever, and there was stacks of battered cars then I would feel embarrassed.
    But then BMW, mazda, Nissan or Toyota.. whatever someone drives, if its straight and tidy then I bet that person will drive with a little more courtesy, I don't see why that would have to take the 'fun' out of drifting.

13. Disco

Disco Hamburger Hinderer

Your original post was "oh look more shitty bmw's, how origional". You don't sound like someone worth debating with.

14. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

*makes short pointless unhelpful statement* ........ *takes moral high ground when people react*

Youre the triggered one by people reacting to your post lol