Be warned coppers on the pull

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by jamesb16a2, Feb 13, 2017.

1. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

Having your licence plate on your dash now gets you 100 quid fine +producer repeat offence lands you 3 points . I felt the long dick of the law in ass on Thursday heads up to you lads

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. ibby

ibby Member

Really. Wtf.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

Why didn't you just fit it in the first place?

4. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

Because I'm a yob

5. jflather_105

jflather_105 Member

I got a warning for this thank god! The copper who pulled me was ace and let me off as he wasn't a traffic cop and gave me a heads up of the traffic cops down the road who would pull me and send me on a different route through the town to avoid them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

Hasn't it gotta be mounted in the most feasible vertical and forward part of the vehicle? If you've got massive vents and bulges etc (Jdm crew) on the front you could argue they'd be blocking air flow or insecurely mounted etc, not sure how far it'll get you though

7. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

They said has to be on the bumpers preferred option is in original place . They're clamping down as ampr cameras can't read them through glass and speed cameras just pick up reflection

8. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

It's always been a finable offence, its just recently went from £60 to £100

9. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

This. Don't moan about getting raped by the law for being a retard.

It's like moaning you've been electrocuted because you stuck a fork in a plug socket.

And people wonder why drifting and modified cars in general get a bad rep.

10. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

I got pulled years ago (2007 I think) by an old traffic copper who was driving and a young copper who was 'learning the ropes'.

I was followed for about a mile and presume that they were waiting for me to open it up on the straight before pulling me, that being the case I obviously adhered strictly to the speed limit, which no doubt pissed off the old boy as he eventually decided to pull me over anyway.

Initially he tried to do me for a loud exhaust (an old school HKS Super Dragger) but it just so happened that the day before I'd had it sound tested and had the paperwork to prove that it was below the permitted Db level. To be fair the only reason I had it tested in the first place was because I thought it was too loud...clearly it wasn't.

Anyway the old boy had his nose put out of joint as his attempt at giving it Johnny Big Bollocks in front of his (now smiling) young apprentice had clearly backfired.

Long story short, he mumbled something along the lines of 'Db don't matter' before back tracking and deciding that he was going to give me a ticket for my stick on number plate, which despite being front and centre on the front bumper was at a bit of an angle.

At the end of the day if a dick of a traffic copper wants to be a cnut he will find something to give you a ticket for. They aren't all arseholes though.

Not sure if this is still the case but this is some spiel from 2012.

60. Fixing of registration plate
    (1) (a) Where a vehicle has been so designed that a space has been provided for the fixing
    of a registration plate, the plate shall be fixed in the space so provided.
    ( Where a space is not provided the plate shall be fixed in the manner specified in
    paragraph (2).
    (2) Subject to paragraph (3), a registration plate shall be fixed vertically or, where that is not
    reasonably practicable, in a position as close to the vertical as is reasonably practical at the front and
    rear of every motor vehicle in such manner that the characters of the registration mark shall, at all
    times, be visible from the front or the rear of the motor vehicle.
    (3) No registration plate shall be fixed in the front of a trailer.
    (4) Where a trailer or a semi-trailer is drawn by another vehicle, the registration plate of the
    drawing vehicle shall be fixed on the back right-hand side and that of the trailer or semi-trailer on the
    back left-hand side of the trailer or semi-trailer.
    (5) A registration plate shall be fixed at a height of not more than 1.5 metres from ground level.

11. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

I'v had the car 4 days at this point and was the second time I drove it including the drive back I w9rk 5-1600 so was the last thing I was thinking about . But I'm sure you've done nothing wrong in your life before

12. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

We've all got jobs dude. But we're not all dumb enough to invite being pulled over.

13. jamesb16a2

jamesb16a2 Member

Well it's my first after 6 years of driving and all I got was a producer . Can honestly say I don't leave shit up to chance however It slipped my mind . The coppers were actually properly decent blokes did what they had to do and went I didn't give them no lip as I was in the wrong . This thread was just to share what the current penalty is .

14. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

This, my mate got a ticket for not having working windscreen washers after the copper thoroughly checked his car and could find no other defects.

He said the copper was a dickhead, but in balance it's just as likely he gave him loads of lip and got a ticket for being a tool.

15. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

If they pull you over for something that isn't an offence or an issue and then find a fault after searching for it then get it thrown out. A non-valid stop does not give them the right to search for defects. End doesn't justify the means and so on