B6ZE Turbo RX7 FC built on my driveway!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stylecase-Adam, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Aston.95

Aston.95 Member

Probably my favorite build/ car on this site. Your paintwork and fab work is awesome! Any further plans for it? Also, what are those floor mats?

2. HaydenK

HaydenK Member

So rad dude! Was gutted you couldn't drive last Friday. Cannot wait to see this on the floor again

3. haza88

haza88 Active Member

Nice mate , get some ally sheets made up to make the v mount work as it should for the sides ul see a good difference in coolest and intake temps

4. Turbo Lee

Turbo Lee Member

Anymore updates mate? - I saw the car at Driftland on Monky Londons latest Drift diary - looked good mate!

Lee

5. Stylecase-Adam

Yeah completely stock internals man!
    haha yep, good thing I didn't get a ticket for friday though. I'd be vexed ! haha
    Thanks man!
    I can't wait for matsuri either man, see you there!
    yeah man Iv got a bunch! PM me your address I'll send some over :thumbs:
    haha thanks a lot man! Love comments like this :nod:
    Thanks mate! Plans are to clean it up now and make it reliable, focus a bit more on rust finally and the paint work. Mats are from upgarage, mate got me a set when he went to Japan recently! ^^
    Its back on the floor now ! haha, thx dude
    Ally sheet duct round the rad is in the plans ! Hopefully sooner than later lmao. :thumbs:
    More updates incoming! You can see how much the car smoked (engine) on Toby's video! haha

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let's start off the update with a few more photos from STL! Such a cool event, I wanna go back already haha. :nod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sooo, few days after the event. I proceeded to take the engine out, wasnt so bad taking it out, took a few hours. Then £80 and a few hour trip later I was back with a good engine. Apparently low mileage and good runner, f'course they all are when their for sale :euge: We'll see in the long run I guess!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the engine was out, I thought it'd be a good idea to pressure wash the whole underneath of the car since it was literally baked in oil from STL, the engine was just spewing so much.

[​IMG]

Whats the easiest way to get a car almost on its side? Engine crane on the rear wheel and off we go XD

[​IMG]

Back to the paper tight fitment and good body to floor ratio :thumbs:

[​IMG]

Quick pic of how the interior is doing nowadays, quite happy with it although ICE will be coming soon. I'm secretly dreaming of a snazzy double din setup that will do everything incl some big ol speakers to blast the music while Im queing up at tracks haha! Sometimes you forget the simplest of things and the car starts loosing its character as a street car.

[​IMG]

Recent addition, mx5 arm rest! Used a lil piece of carbon I had left over as well and made a neat lil place for the mirror switch to sit in. Arm rest does the job well now especially that iv lost storage room in the door cards because of the cage!

[​IMG]

New bumper I acquired recently, FAMspeed type 1 I believe! Over the moon with it, think it looks amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a little teaser of what's coming soon ! Should look good all together :smokin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once again thanks for checking out my thread!

6. Atomic_Rolla

Atomic_Rolla New Member

Hey Adam I tried to pm you but it's not letting me. Can you send me an email? jacob1909@live.com.au

Also loving the idea of this motor in this car. Gonna be sweet!

#166 Atomic_Rolla, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  7. 1JZX81

1JZX81 New Member

SA3R are bringing the feels of my old fc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sweet rig

8. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

are they grids youve got on the back, also what size are they look huge

9. Gooly

Gooly Member

Look like Uras NS01s. This build keeps getting better, front bar is soooo cool as well

10. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Rota RT5s are the wheels on the back guys

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

11. Threadmark: It's been a long time!
    Stylecase-Adam

Long overdue update, I keep forgetting this thread even exists. Life goes on, before you know it it's been 6 months since the last time I wrote something in here! So here we go, I'm trying to scroll back through my photos on Facebook trying to remember what exactly happened since the last photo I posted.

Let's start where I'v left off, was just about getting the FC ready for Matsuri after swapping the engine for a fresh £80 replacement after blowing up the 1st (bad) engine at STL. My man Josh over at Graphix-D printed and cut the livery for me, few moments later we had this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately this is how the car spent most of its day, during the first run out after around 2 laps I realised the water temp went mental! Had no idea what was going on, I thought the cooling system was just lacking water somehow. Little did I know the car threw its auxilary belt off, luckily Will Ashcroft had a spare replacement laying around in his boot which I put on and thought everything will be good as the one I had on must have just been loose.

[​IMG]

After all I went out again hoping to finally get some track time in, first lap and this time Will's belt was off again. At this moment I was starting to loose patience and didn't know what was wrong. Had to wait till lunch time till I could walk the track on foot with a few mates and literally try and find the two belts that I have lost on the Touge section of Anglesey circuit.

[​IMG]

As you can imagine I haven't managed to fix the problem during the day which made feel really shit as its one of the most expensive drift days I let myself do during the year. And the fact that a stupid alternator belt kept me off track all day is a straight up PAR. Anyway, here's a team pic from Saturday, you can't even imagine how long it took to set all the neons the same color.

[​IMG]

Anyway, made it back home. Some absolute hero who I can't remember the name of (Sorry!) has took his belt off his MX5 that he brought on a trailer, but as it turned out it was a 1.8 belt which was quite a bit different! Rib type compared to my V type belt, so to make it fit my car I had to carefully cut off two ribs off the belt with a razor haha. It worked! For around 40 miles.... Before the belt shortly turned into a piece of string and I'v lost all charge. Ended up abandoning the car at some random petrol station in Wales, driving back all the way to Manchester and back to take a belt off my mate's 1.6 MX5! Put it back on mine and made our way back home... Being careful not to throw the belt off, as it came off on the rev limiter mostly.

[​IMG]

Even though I literally must have had around 10-15 mins of track time all day I managed to make a tiny video of the general vibe at Matsuri!

Also here's a cool ass lil video Ali of Street Track Life made!

At this point it's starting to feel like I'm boring everyone with massive paragraphs and not much action ! So long story short it turned out that I had the wrong alternator on my engine, I compared to an old one I had laying around and it turned out the bracket was around 5-10mm further forward which caused the belt to fly off... Stupid fault but hey, that's what I get for not dailying the car after all. Next up was 3S, feeling pretty confident after fixing the alternator, as much as I remember it was a pretty good day ! Just few weeks later I booked on to a next 3S day, all went smooth apart from a lil incident with Tomek! haha, as well as overestimating a corner and ending up running the rumble strip hard which resulted in the FAMspeed being in about 3 pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand here's a video for this event!

That will do for tonight! Don't want to overload this post with too much so I will continue this again tomorow. Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stylecase-Adam

Continuing on from the last update, shortly after Three sisters, came Teesside on new years eve!

15726292_10202508495391675_285371618419295311_n.

I'm pretty sure the biggest change I did since 3S and before going Teesside was sorting my rear camber issues, due to old bushes and miss matched camber links i had around 2.6 degree in on one side and about 0.4 on the other, which has also made the toe really awkward at the same time! Which meant the car drove really weird and unpredictable. But anyway, I digged out my original camber links, shortened them as much as I could without the trailing arm hitting the subframe and it's all good to go. Made the car a lot nicer to drive !

15844000_10202535229420009_3908286596252867508_o.

15895550_10202544745897915_2128593588725248968_o.

Please don't ever let go! haha

15826526_10202535539427759_6843968986648310540_n.

And here's two videos you can have a look at if you'd like!

All in all Teesside was a success, car handled well. Had no issues at all, & came back in one piece ! Bonus.

15975244_10202567187218934_4472380893288482314_o.

After Teesside I decided to take a break for a month or two and tidy the car up a bit, as the look did start to sort of annoy me. No matter what I did I sort of didn't like it and it just wasn't as good as it used to be. The duct tape on the sunroof stopping it from leaking, the drivers door skin which is fully rusting away near the bottom and it bangs every time you shut the door. The car needed some long overdue attention...

16403215_10202644867920903_4746969712742424113_o.

De-stickering the car was one of the first things on the list if it meant I was going to sort the long overdue bodywork. Also while I was at my friends unit on a nice nice flat area I thought its a good chance to lower the rear more and level it out. So did that, we gained another 30mm.... HA, but the car really did not like it and much hammering was needed...

While I was there I thought it'd be cool to try Saule's Weds, bad move as I now think my SA3R's look proper plain and boring! haha

16299206_10202651086276358_2461344722358375399_n.

Continuing on.... Temporary 15's on the back and good lows made things interesting. It's one thing scraping your exhaust or chassis rails, but when your diff slams the floor as you hit a unseen pothole you start to feel a bit worried.

16602878_10202677180648701_5227012313084750468_n.

Last photo before I drop the heat, at a random car meet.

16997764_10202742794088996_5771332515919417581_n.

17097816_10202761053625473_2981980049447852734_o.

Big changes include stuff such new turbo 2 skirts! Smoothed sunroof (no moar leaks), smoothed indicators in wings, both new doors, rear quarters fixed up, cracked bonnet fixed etc etc Also wheels got new lick of paint!

Think the prep all in all took around 3-4 days then around 5 hours spraying. And finally after that the paint was curring for quite a while which meant I couldn't get ready for Buxton quick! This meant that friday night before buxton I was still sat in the garage at 6am, doing stuff such as assembling all lights, painting wheels, bleeding all brakes after installing a new master cylinder for the hydro, changing spark plugs and finally after all packing the car with spare fuel, tyres & tools! By the time I went home I managed to make some food and I had to set off...

On the way to buxton I went off route a little to stop off and do a lil shoot with Ali of Street Track Life just in case I wrapped the car up at Buxton in a big style! haha

Photo-04-03-2017-15-43-07.

Ended up quite lucky with the weather as it was dry all day ! But this also meant I wasted all my tyres and fuel which also meant no skids for me on Sunday... But then again it did ended up snowing almost all day on sunday!

17097509_10202765566178284_260049573115816540_o.

17190510_1816060818655723_3537098485622580284_n.

Anyway! Enough boring you with this long post and I'm gonna sum it up with some videos

Thanks a lot for reading ! And I will update this again as things happen :)
    If you would like to follow me on Instagram for most recent updates !
    Stylecase_adam is my IG

• Like Like x 1
  13. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

dude when i messaged on youtube saying about the paint i was unsure.... but daaaammmmnnn i think its now perfect dude... im so impressed and its beautiful. i mean..... i think im in love with your car :/

14. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

One of my favorite buxton cars

15. xTommy92

xTommy92 Member

Sweet car man, looking so much better and cleaner. Where did you get your cage fabricated ? I'm after the same sort of thing, 6 point but keep as much of the dash, door cards and other interior in as possible.

Tom