BMW E46 M3 S54 3.2 sport touring, estate sleeper

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Hamis-509, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Hamis-509

Hamis-509 Member

IMG_6408.JPG IMG_6408.JPG 318i se touring shell (135k miles shell)... still 2.0litre engine on V5
    2003 S54 3.2 m3 engine
    Getrag 6 speed manual box running royal purple fluids.
    Engine on 93k miles, original m3 clocks in car.
    Shell was on 125k miles when engine was fitted in 2012 at great cost by a company down south (i cant remember who, but its not the usual bodge job conversion). At this time the engine was on 85k miles, so has only done 8000miles in last 5 years as it had been used as a weekend play toy prior to me owning it in 2015.
    AC part removed by previous keeper, only heavy condensing unit remains and has to be unbolted and removed...
    Although the car started life as an SE spec, it has everything on it now you would find on a top spec m-sport touring plus alot more!
    MOT until 18.08.2017.

Interior
    -------
    When i got car it was completely bare, and only had roll cage and harnesses. Since then ive fitted a full and very clean interior... including isofix points for baby seats!
    Black dash
    Black carpet
    Black leather door cards
    Black leather rear folding seats
    Gloss black sport trim
    Evo 8 mr recaro front seat & recaro rails
    M-tec sport black headlining pack
    M3 clocks
    M3 steering wheel
    M-sport sill kick plate covers
    Black luggage cover and dog boot gaurd

Exterior
    --------
    M-sport front bumper
    M-tec sport gloss black pillar trims
    M-sport rear bumper
    Custom front crash bar
    Rolled and flaired front and rear arches
    Gloss black 2k paint freshly resprayed, and rebuilt in last month using new bonnet, bumpers, skirts, headlights, indicators and windscreen, so everythings fresh.

Chassis
    --------
    M3 subframes front and rear
    M3 lower front chassis brace
    M3 front lower arms, hubs, track rod ends
    M3 rear trailing arms and hubs
    Purple tag steering rack
    Turner motorsport 3:91 m3 lsd (cost over £2k!)
    Poly bushed rear subframe
    Poly bushed rear trailing arms
    Poly bushed front wishbones
    Plated and welded rear subframe mount points
    MSR coilovers
    MSR adjustable front top mounts
    Turner motorsport rear asjustable camber arms

Engine
    -------
    3.2 s54 e46 m3 engine and cooling system
    Bmc panel filter
    Hack engineering vanos accumulator line
    Remapped and raised rev limit
    Viscous fan and addidtional twin eletric fans
    TTV super light flywheel
    Sachs paddle clutch
    No power printout to prove power, but a stock m3 makes 343bhp, and this is modified and with flywheel and diff gearing, this thing blows the doors off a stock m3...

Brakes/wheels
    ---------------
    Stock m3 front & rear calipers
    Tarox grooved and drilled discs
    Tarox uprated pads
    Hel Braided lines front and rear
    18" e38 dished style 32 rims
    225/40/18 goodyear eagleF1 front tyres (3mm)
    235/40/18 goodyear eagleF1 rear tyres (4mm)

Bad points
    -----------
    *Stock stereo & speakers are rubbish
    *Only one key, and needs battery for remote locking.
    *Not much history with car as previous owner gave me none, ive gave it two oil changes in last year, and will come with fresh oil and filters
    *car was originally red... resprayed gloss super black including all shuts, and behind fuel flap, however engine bays just been satin blacked with a rattle can. Looks fine tho, as u can see from picture...
    *Ive spent last year trying to find transmission noise (sounds like an annoying rattle); changed gearboxes, spiggot and release bearings, fluids, and its still there... after many hours and head scratching it appears that its the lightened solid mass flywheel and solid unsprung paddle clutch causing this issue. So only way to fix this minor issue is to refit the heavy stock dual mass flywheel and clutch... however in my opinion the acceleration gains u recieve from current setup, far out weighs the minor transmisson noise this setup causes... google "lightened flywheel transmisson noise" for more information...

I have used this car daily since December 2015, without any issues, and its been an amazing all round car. Huge boot, 5 seats, and blistering quick. Ive also consistently averaged 29mpg commuting, and much more on a longer motorway journey... it really is breaking my heart to sell it, but i need cash for house extension, so it must go.

From a daily driver point of view, ive driven it every day without issue, and have carried my new born son in it. However please be aware it is a modified m3 under the practical body. Heavy clutch pedal, aggressive clutch engagement, stiff suspension & chassis, no AC, aggressive LSD, and flywheel chatter as mentioned above. Dont expect it to be as comfy as a bog standard e46 estate! Ha

With regards price... last m3touring i seen for sale (they are rare and only know of a handful thats been built in country) sold within a few days on ebay for £7200! It only had engine conversion on an SE platform, and none of the supporting m3 suspension, brakes, or modifications... if u think £8k is too much for an old e46 estate, dont buy it and build your own (but i assure you it will cost alot more than im asking to build one to this standard).

I appreciate a young driver could easily insure this, but this is a serious handful to drive with its power, has no traction control aids, and is not for an inexperinced rwd driver.

Cheers.

Call me for any more info; 07743450261

415AA181-C8CA-4E5F-A45F-9EAE86C7C6E7_zps93qvazhe.

80FD8F78-0758-4964-A7B7-553B9BADB538_zpsnvj7zatl.

D3C37ABD-BAE7-4FA0-9088-FD9E8F3343F6_zpsszkh6jel.

ACEF2528-DDE5-46AF-B96C-7A8BD2CA3B82_zpsk1fwpq1k.

D7B76757-2DD0-4098-BF93-CE70FB3AD2B3_zps96xiaczz.

559976F6-EBCA-4CD3-B80A-D31CB12C1922_zpsnug7gubg.

38A17974-105B-4370-AF41-31A579F9A72F_zpshkznzyqf.

#1 Hamis-509, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. kwalker705

kwalker705 Member

whats the rivetted plate on the driver side strut tower for ??

3. Hamis-509

Hamis-509 Member

Its the mount that only comes on m3 to hold the m3 cooling system expansion tank. Non m cars have expansion tank on side of rad.

4. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

This car is absolute gold!

Its a shame that You only need cash, as I have an SR20DE S13 and an Audi A4 2.0 TDI(170) I could happily P/X against this lol

5. Hamis-509

Hamis-509 Member