Need help JZX100 VVTI Mapping + ECU

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Snooz3, May 22, 2017.

1. Snooz3

Snooz3 New Member

Hello guys new to owning a JZX100 Chaser, Any recommendations for mappers in the UK? really struggling to find any information. Also an ECU suggestion would be great. Thanks.

2. [jay]

[jay] Member

As far as i know the 2 biggest names are Protuner and MB Automotive, have no personal experience with either but both seem to have good reputations.
    FC Tuning mapped my SR a few years back, I'm not sure if he specializes in Nissans but its another name if you're stuck.
    Do some searches on each of them or just get in contact and see what they've got to say.

In regards to ECU whoever you choose to map it will have their own preference but should be able to advise you on what will suit your goals and budget.

3. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

Depends on budget, but if you've got the cash Syvecs and get Romain to map it. Its pretty much the best about below Motec money

4. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Depends what you are trying to achieve and what your budget is. Power FC is great for the money, plus its plug and play so you will save on installation. The downside is that (i believe) it lacks a few safety measures that you would find on a more modern ECU. Ive seen them go for around £700 with a map costing around £500 (ball park, speak to your mapper). If you have more money then you could look at something like Syvecs or Link. I only have Link for reference but by the time youve bought it, had it installed and mapped you are probably looking at more like £2-3k region. So maybe £1k more than PFC.

It comes down to budget really. Its important (as is your choice of mapper) to preserve your engine. So you should spend as much as you can really.

5. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Also, seconded MB Automotive