Turbo elbow for CA18DET

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by ZakS13, Jul 26, 2017.

1. ZakS13

ZakS13 New Member

Good day all!

I'm new to the forum, but I decided to join because there is so little parts available for the CA18DET in the states and I'm just trying to expand my knowledge across the pond (I'm from the USA).

I'm curious as to what everyone is using for the exhaust elbow off the turbo that connects to the down pipe. In the States, we only have SR20DET parts and have to modify them, or just do a whole custom fabricated elbow and down pipe. I'm really searching for a bolt on part. any help is appreciated.

Thank you

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Ebay ex-UK is your friend. Ask the seller if it's unclear

Cheap down pipes do the job just as well as big name ones, and both still require the front pipe to have a flexi in it to absorb any impacts (eliminates dump pipe / housing / manifold cracking), and you use good quality gaskets, and use proper locking nuts (or double nuts) if you want trouble free motoring

3. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Plenty of turbo elbows for the CA18DET on eBay UK.
    There has been issues with elbow & downpipe alignment when buying different components from different companies, so if you can it's generally better to buy it all from one company to ensure it actually fits.

Japspeed UK can supply Elbow, Downpipe, decat & cat-back parts, all their own stuff so you shouldn't have fitment issues.