The 190 Benz

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Al_E11evens, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Hey all,

Just thought I’d start some sort of thread here so I can keep a log of the journey on my Mercedes 190e (w201).

It was bought around a year ago now and was stock and silver (as you can see). Very grandad looking but a super smooth drive home (apart from a few niggles that the seller didn’t tell me about). Great thanks for that...

7knl3S.

rvdO3W.

From the pics you can’t really see the bodywork. Surface-wise it is straight but the paint was shot! With lacquer peel all over it and what looked like cat scratches on the boot and roof.

The car was only this high for a short period of time until we got the springs under the knife :wack: ... with a helping hand of the crew.

8lDGtn.

cATLcq.

GgGwjH.

eBR4yq.

Chris loving his pic taken

IEO4vk.

018PsE.

qGevx9.

VlYZUD.

CK7YXu.

After making the car lower and with some BBS cheap copy wheels on it started to look alright ;)

qAunXC.

Had a trip across country today to shoot some cars and the building, was rude not to take this. Was funny how it had more eyes on this than the new stuff :p

3k8fYB.

iv1K5t.

A quick try of some fibreglass wings with my mate Marek at Byba Kits. Eventhough they were panels from another car and would need additional work I wasn't too sure if I wanted to go down this route again (maybe in the future). That aside they did look pretty rad!

zoRWRu.

dj0Dbm.

HCpi18.

Lots of inspiration...

ad9c3X.

xGOv8o.

Kvm8tH.

x9bbfW.

n3MhdR.

6ZyNgW.

y36Gxl.

XXn0gA.

yJUxgZ.

bIdAcZ.

7YYjvv.

RZP4DK.

1EZ91D.

JwWy1x.

zoRWRu.

dj0Dbm.

HCpi18.

ad9c3X.

xGOv8o.

Kvm8tH.

x9bbfW.

n3MhdR.

6ZyNgW.

y36Gxl.

#1 Al_E11evens, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

After nearly 10 months driving it as is (daily) I decided the bodywork had to be sorted. Being a 3M trained in vehicle wrapping this saved me a bit of dollar (even though the vinyl cost me £650 plus anyways!!)

So I started rubbing down the car and filling in areas that needed smoothing. Oh and got rid of that bloody tower too ha.

yJUxgZ.

bIdAcZ.

7YYjvv.

RZP4DK.

1EZ91D.

Then found half of a field under the skirts. Think the previous owner used to use it as a tractor!
    JwWy1x.

Doors off, to get round the awkward areas
    GIzGWt.

vpwm6w.

Wings off too...

FfNmuw.

With the car mostly stripped I thought I'd tackle the fuel cap first as it was quite mucky in there

mliDun.

Sprayed that as it was way quicker and easier

Xib8EV.

Not bad for a 4 minute job

5aP6II.

Im not going to reveal the colour until it's done. Here's some black and whites of the progress :cool:

pPowbd.

DSKZX3.

GUyp3e.

dpngX6.

Also sent the wheels off for paint, but this is it with the majority of the panels done

zqrpIq.

This is how it stands at the mo with the wheels back on it. Bumpers/panels going on

fPSJmn.

It's been a while since working on the car. Spending time with the fam, wrapping/sign writing other people's cars, track days with my mate in his crazy spec Seat Ibiza and shooting trackside at Drift Matsuri.

[​IMG]

And also bought an MR2 Turbo with a mate that will be up for sale shortly

XZ4WiZ.

RkGvWV.

P8cboA.

mowqpu.

After seeing these older retro cars at Anglesey I realised I need to get my act in gear (whether its grip/track days or drifting). I scouted round on the ol'interweb and found me a 230 kompressor and manual too. This was quite local and dog cheap so I had to have it!!

64nZum.

Quickly tried a few bits on it (to poss use as a cheap skid daily while spending time on the 190), but realise it's nowhere near as cool. So the engine/gearbox is coming out and will be going in the original project , which I think would be a perfect power to balance bombo.

4uwWv2.

Being a 2.3 supercharged engine it should be good for 200bhp stock, but found some cheap upgrades that will help up the boost and allow it to open up a bit.

c8hHoW.

3. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

After nearly 10 months driving it as is (daily) I decided the bodywork had to be sorted. Being a 3M trained in vehicle wrapping this saved me a bit of dollar (even though the vinyl cost me £650 plus anyways!!)

So I started rubbing down the car and filling in areas that needed smoothing. Oh and got rid of that bloody tower too ha.

yJUxgZ.

bIdAcZ.

7YYjvv.

RZP4DK.

1EZ91D.

Then found half of a field under the skirts. Think the previous owner used to use it as a tractor!
    JwWy1x.

Doors off, to get round the awkward areas
    GIzGWt.

vpwm6w.

Wings off too...

FfNmuw.

With the car mostly stripped I thought I'd tackle the fuel cap first as it was quite mucky in there

mliDun.

Sprayed that as it was way quicker and easier

Xib8EV.

Not bad for a 4 minute job

5aP6II.

Im not going to reveal the colour until it's done. Here's some black and whites of the progress :cool:

pPowbd.

DSKZX3.

GUyp3e.

dpngX6.

Also sent the wheels off for paint, but this is it with the majority of the panels done

zqrpIq.

This is how it stands at the mo with the wheels back on it. Bumpers/panels going on

fPSJmn.

It's been a while since working on the car. Spending time with the fam, wrapping/sign writing other people's cars, track days with my mate in his crazy spec Seat Ibiza and shooting trackside at Drift Matsuri.

M4YNKN.

And also bought an MR2 Turbo with a mate that will be up for sale shortly

XZ4WiZ.

RkGvWV.

P8cboA.

mowqpu.

After seeing these older retro cars at Anglesey I realised I need to get my act in gear (whether its grip/track days or drifting). I scouted round on the ol'interweb and found me a 230 kompressor and manual too. This was quite local and dog cheap so I had to have it!!

64nZum.

Quickly tried a few bits on it (to poss use as a cheap skid daily while spending time on the 190), but realise it's nowhere near as cool. So the engine/gearbox is coming out and will be going in the original project , which I think would be a perfect power to balance bombo.

4uwWv2.

Being a 2.3 supercharged engine it should be good for 200bhp stock, but found some cheap upgrades that will help up the boost and allow it to open up a bit.

c8hHoW.

4. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

Not much to report since the last. Have been thinking of poss swapping a different engine (maybe m113 or 119 v8) and use the c230k as is. But seems a shame as everything is here to do the swap (even though I don't have a clue what Im doing or even where to start). Will make up my mind asap and get it started for Spring

5. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Awesome. Had one of these a few years ago but wasn't into drifting then. Always fancied building one since. Keep it up dude.