D1SL and DriftMuscle series relaunches

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Edmard, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Edmard

Edmard Member

d1lights.

As some of you probably have seen by now D1SL and DriftMuscle have re-branded with D1SL becoming 'D1 Lights' and DriftMuscle is becoming 'Drift Kingdom'

Here is some extract from this article on Maximum Driftcast's blog which are (roughly) translated from Drift Tengoku:
    I guess a re-brand was to be expected after the accidents in D1SL - I think the push towards using shop branded suspension parts in Drift Kingdom is cool though. Should re-enforce the market and could help to make more recognised lock kits and popularise understanding of differences between them.
    I think the tyre pressure regulation is interesting too, is there anything of that style in BDC? Perhaps there could be something similar if not?

2. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Thanks for sharing.. That's quite interesting. What was the the accident at Nikko?

3. Edmard

Edmard Member

I think it was the Team Magician JZX110 that had a failure and a front wheel along with the hub came off with it unfortunately hitting a lady in the head, she was not in the crowd but was a spotter for another driver. She died in hospital from her injuries. D1SL subsequently had no 2017 season and the D1 demo at the auto salon which was due not long after the incident was cancelled also.

Reading the tengoku translation I guess the part that was used between the lower arm and knuckle was the issue, might be something that should be taken into consideration for BDC? Not sure what people run exactly, you probably know better than me.

[EDIT] found a jalopnik article after a quick google: https://jalopnik.com/professional-drifting-has-its-first-known-fatality-1789684101

4. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

Seems to be some of jzx extra lock stuff is made from quite weak cast aluminium/alloy stuff. Seen a few english speaking vlog at ebisue snapping them whilst drifting.

5. Edmard

Edmard Member

Weird, never seen anything like that when I've been, if you're at ebisu then the best thing to be running is the kazama kit that PV can supply which is modified standard parts, most are running that or heyman bits which are reputable. Maybe you saw what Chelsea Denofa put on during autumn drift heaven week just gone, that's not the norm, he has connections in the US that want him to use parts, like the BC racing coils that got sent over for him to use there.

Would be cool if HSD wanted to do something similar for us UK peeps skidding JZXs and S-bodies over in Japan *wink wink nudge nudge*

Although there was that time when Aaron ripped his front left off at North Course XD even oem parts couldn't stand up to that.

[EDIT] oh and also, the Nikko incident was a bolt sheering I think, could have been wear and tear caused by the part they put on between the lower arm and knuckle. Says something about it in the Tengoku article I think

6. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

Yeah the Chelsea one and I've seen another one before that, think it was the guy from lone star drift, which could be the same part as Chelsea considering they're both yanks.

7. Auto Portal

Auto Portal New Member

Yes and now the new fencing is in place at Nikko.
    The photograph is not easy/nice to shoot but safety is better so this is important.