RB25DET turning over but not starting.

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by king_robbi, Jan 21, 2018.

1. king_robbi

king_robbi New Member

Hi, I'm swapping an RB25DET into my S14a.

The engine is in and everything is wired up but the car isn't starting. It is turning over. Fuel is coming through the fuel lines. I've tried unplugging the MAF.

I'm using the stock R33 ECU and I'm presuming the wiring is good as I've paid J's garage to do that harness for me.

Any suggestions on what to check next?

2. brian383

brian383 Active Member

Is it a series1 loom if so there is a 8 pin plug the sits behind the expansion bottle in the r33 there is a wire in there that needs a live to make it run worth a shot

3. king_robbi

king_robbi New Member

It is mate. I'm unsure which plug you mean though, everything looks connected.

4. brian383

brian383 Active Member

When its in the skyline there is a plug that sits behind the coolant overflow bottle its a 8 pin rectangle shape :::: i had the same problem an it was one wire in this plug that was my problem

5. brian383

brian383 Active Member

This is it

20180121_165135.

6. king_robbi

king_robbi New Member

Cheers pal. I'll have a look tomorrow because I don't recognise that or the brown plug it's coming out of

7. brian383

brian383 Active Member

Its not coming out of the brown plug .that it a brown relay for the intermitting wipers must just look that way in the pics bud. The plug will be on its own its the last plug on the pass side behind the head light

8. king_robbi

king_robbi New Member

Update:

I’ve had the plugs out today and checked to see it’s got spark which it does.

I’ve then turned it over with the fuel lines both ways around, taken the spark plugs out again and they’re bone dry so it looks like the problems fuel related.

I hear clicking when I turn the CAS but I can’t pick up a 12v live off that grey plug. (I am using a bulb for a multimeter tho ha.)

How did you get power to that wire mate?