Clutch pedal stuck to the floor. RB25 S14

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by king_robbi, Feb 5, 2018.

1. king_robbi

king_robbi New Member

Hi, I'm on the last stage of my RB swap and I can't seem to get the clutch to work. When I press my clutch pedal it just sticks to the floor and it's showing signs of life or getting better.

I've been trying to bleed the clutch on my S14 for the last few hours and im getting nowhere. I've tried pumping the pedal then letting the air out through the bleed nipple. I've also tried forcing fluid through the nipple on the slave cylinder and letting it vent through the top of the master cylinder but no joy.

Any suggestions?

I've swapped the slave cylinder from the s14 with an r33 one as it mounts to the box different. Is there something else I need to know about? Are the master cylinders different or something?

2. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Have you checked for movement at the slave? Stating the obvious but as you hadnt mentioned it. If the slave is moving then its a clutch/release issue, if the slave isnt moving then its a master/slave/hose issue.

3. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Try just opening the bleed nipple on the slave and let it gravity bleed for a bit.
    It's just air in the system letting the pedal lock out at the floor

4. king_robbi

king_robbi New Member

Hi. Ye, the slave is barely moving

5. king_robbi

king_robbi New Member

I tried this earlier and no fluid came out even with the nipple all the way out. After pushing brake fluid through the system it did start to let oil back out.

I can try again. Do I do it with the clutch pedal down or up?

6. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Pedal in the up position so it can fill the master then push that fluid to the slave. Could try a vacuum bleeder if it's still not coming though.
    I'd also check flares if you've made a new hard pipe to the flexI.