HSD MonoPro for MK3 MX-5

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by mazdachris, Mar 8, 2018.

1. mazdachris

Technical question (also, hello, I know i've not been on here in forever and everyone has forgotten who I am...)

I've got a set of HSD Monopros on my MK3 MX-5 - they were on the car when I got it. I want to raise the ride height slightly but I've no idea how much thread I've got to play with in the cup at the bottom of the shock.

Would one of you kind people be able to tell me the length of the threaded shock body, so I can do this without having to take the cup completely off?

Also - if Phil is reading this - could you confirm that the ones on this car are the same as the ones you sell in the store as I think they were on the car before you started selling them.

Cheers!

2. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Hi Chris, because it was a pre-production set, the only way to be sure is to measure it unfortunately as I might I have changed the damper length.
    I'd imagine it's set pretty low with a load of adjustment left to go higher though. Also with that type of kit you could just raise the spring perch 10mm and compress the spring without a problem. 10mm preload is okay.

3. mazdachris

Ah I thought that might be the case. No worries, I’ll just have to whip them off and give them a measure then.

Thanks dude!