JapWest Mods ripped me off my deposit? help?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by chkmie, Feb 4, 2018.

1. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

Do you have that in writing?
    A break down of the fees?

2. Faheem

Faheem Member

Ive bought of them before they where very helpfull and also gave me a discount on the item i purchased the the quality was even better then described. My personal experiance with japwestmods

3. Tommy59

Tommy59 Active Member

They're very good at taking your money and not so great at giving you what you ordered. Ordered an engine and box from Japan, they cocked up the delivery, sent the wrong gearbox from Japan, messed me about for months saying the right box would arrive. In the end I managed to get refunded the difference between the boxes but it took months of calls on work and personal numbers, emails, Facebook posts. I would never use them for anything again.

As others have said I would check the wording in the invoice they will have sent you for the deposit payment. If it's a non refundable deposit and it says that in writing you don't have any chance to be refunded. If it doesn't say that then you'll just have to keep trying to contact.

4. trebor69

trebor69 Member

I had a diff from Japwest mods and my only issue was the time it took to get here, paid for next day delivery and it took more than two weeks.....It was already in the UK when I purchased it.

5. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

I imported a car with them, something went wrong shall we say on delivery so i ended up not having the car.

Long story short, i had paid them 10.5k in advance, theyre sitting on most of that money for 4 months while we wait for it to be ready, their fault i couldnt get the car. They refunded me the full amount but i received no compensation, didnt even pay for my train ticket. I got more sympathy from the cashier at the train station (i had got the train down to collect the car!) than i did from them.

Communication was great, right up until the point you hand over some money, then they didnt seem to care any more. Would never use again.

6. scotiasx

scotiasx Active Member

I enquired about an engine and box they had forsale.

The comunication was painfully poor and were more consentrated on how much money it was going to cost and when I paid for it.
    They failed to answer the most simple questions about the product at least 5 emails in a row.

Therefore I didn’t proceed and glad I didn’t give them my custom.

7. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

Literally EVERY post says that MaccyD

"great communication until they have you're money" then they don't care.

8. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Well, happy to reinforce it with my own experience arent i

• Like Like x 2
  9. jbsauce

jbsauce Member

Oh aye, I was just adding to it, its crazy how many times I've read it, think people would learn.

10. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

It was over a year ago it happened to me

11. Wolfie-V8

Wolfie-V8 Member

I have just bought a car from them, not one issue.

Would use them again.

12. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Difference is it was already in UK, so you just went and viewed it like any other purchase.

13. Wolfie-V8

Wolfie-V8 Member

Ah!...but Mr Macca...But I didn't!
    I only looked at the pictures on the facebook site, he did send me some compression test pics but I paid for it unseen!!

ok so in my case I know these cars backwards and could sort any issues, I do appreciate that not everybody is in that position however.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Ah sorry, thought it was already landed so you just viewed it.