Help me get slideways in Hampshire

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Mr Sam, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Mr Sam

Mr Sam New Member

G'day all,

Im pretty new to the world of drifting, have only been doing it for the past year or so but have slowly been getting to grips with it and improving.

Just wondering if there are any decent drifter in Hampshire (Portsmouth/Southampton/Winchester) that wouldnt mind coming out for a drive and giving me some pointers.

Driving a stock 3.0i Z4 E85, with not much $ to improve on it, but I am aiming to spend some $ on the setup over the next few months. I tend to only drift in the wet to save the tyres and only really confident with low speed sliding at the moment. But yeah, I'm keen to improve so if anyone wants to come out and show me where I could be improving my technique it'd be much appreciated. I've got 10+ years driving/road 'racing' experience and am no novice, but drifting is a whole nother world as im sure you all know!

Cheers.
    Sam

2. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

Don't condone street drifting here, if you want some pointers, get yourself to a proper drift day at a track, theres plenty about - Rockingham/Santa Pod/Essex Arena and many others(im from up north so don't know the small ones down south unfortunately)

You will learn so much more at 1 drift day than you will in 6 months drifting on the street...and its also safer/less risk.

Charlie

• Like Like x 1
  3. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Member

There's a new drift day in Aldershot (Hampshire). First one was last Sunday and was a blast!

Check out "Aldershot Drift Days" on Facebook....

4. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

There's also Matchams drift days, really cheap skid practise at £20 for the night I believe. Only downside is the potholes, but you can avoid them if careful and seat time is good.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Member

Am I right in saying that's only on a Wednesday night???

6. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

Yeah that's right, not too much of a pain if you're local. They don't seem too strict on times if you're a little late commuting from work but I've only been once.....as a passenger!

• Dislike Dislike x 1