1jz s14a conversion wiring

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Fifi, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Fifi

Fifi Member

hi guys done quite alot of reading but just wanting to clarify before carrying out the wiring conversion on a 1jz non vvt swap in an s14

from what i read i just need to put power to batt,+b and +b1 pinouts on the 1jz ecu from the injector power from the s14 f4 plug, then match any other wires like ignition switch etc.

is this correct? just one wire from f4 plug to 3 wires in 1jz ecu loom

loom is a JZX90 along with the ecu.

on a side note does anyone have a nice detailed wiring guide link, like tons are available for s13 sr20swaps

#1 Fifi, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  2. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Its a bit more complicated but not much more, but essentially yes all you need to connect is the appropriate earth, permanent 12v and switched 12v.

I used an ECU pinout and the F4 pinout to do my 2 swaps and had no bother.

Big mistake i made was assuming the bundle of wires to the sensors was an earth, but it was a 12v lol.

3. Fifi

Fifi Member

maccy its a thread were you gave info back in 2013 ive based my research on lol

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?558159-1jz-wiring-help

4. Fifi

Fifi Member

good stuff, i have pin outs of both jzx90 ecu pin out and f4 pin out will attempt it tonight and repost back.

5. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Hahaha amazing, the legacy lives on!

The only more advanced bit i did on the 1UZ swap i did, was a little 12v loop that the ecu does to know its on. where a switched 12v goes into the ecu, then theres an output that triggers a relay that fired 12v back into the ecu. It runs fine without it, but its a more OEM install with it.

I did alot of prep work on the wiring with the engine on a stand and ECU plugged in. Lots of labelling and prep work but then it becomes connect the dots in the footwell, not trying to find wiring.

6. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

There might be more detailed info on my build thread if you can find that