Trueno JZ86

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Tony Jr, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Tony Jr

Tony Jr New Member

The entire drift scene - these are cities such as Astana and Almaty. That is, the capital and the ex capital. Drift is not yet highly developed, but we have a fairly high-quality championship, the level of pilots is also improving constantly.

2. Threadmark: February 2018
    Tony Jr

Tony Jr New Member

The second month of daily work on the car comes to an end. This month, almost everything was done by myself, except for the final welding of the parts, so the speed of the work has slowed down a little, because I have other things besides the car :)

We also cut and weld, and, finally, work on the body is coming to an end.

Fully assembled face. Arcs for fixing wings and headlights are made. It is made so as not to interact with each other, in contrast to the factory execution and most similar custom garage projects. This is necessary for the parties to be independent and, during a strike into one, the opposite does not crashed.

GOPR3824.JPG

The intercooler now does not connect with the coolant cooler and we can finally arrange it in the most convenient way: now it is positioned at an angle so that the blowdown is at an upward angle, directly into the special blowing on the hood. Piping the cooler will be reduced approximately three times! The detachable mounting bar is made in such a way that does not depend on the crushing elements at the time of impact.

GOPR3893.JPG
    GOPR3896.JPG

Behind the intercooler is located oil cooler. The intercooler will have a 30-centimeter fan, which will be installed between it and the oil cooler and must cool them both simultaneously.

I can say that the face turned out better than it was) The gaps were made as from the factory :)

What's on the butt?
    And here the radiator has already settled, its fasteners are also made with the expectation that the concrete blocks could not reach them :)

GOPR3886.JPG

GOPR3887.JPG

Fuel tank in place.
    We install rear full-tap coilovers Tein Type Flex from Subaru Legacy.

Plastic wings on fitting. This is not a factory design, but with a small extension, which, of course, I do not have enough. But about the expansion will be a separate topic;)
    True it was necessary to cut the half-wing under my drop on 17 wheels)) And this, I'm afraid, is not the final cutting.

GOPR3881.JPG
    GOPR3884.JPG
    GOPR3918.JPG

Well, in conclusion - the arches. I raised them by about 15 centimeters! Walls made of 1.5 mm steel, and arches of 1 mm aluminum. When striking, only thin aluminum should be crushed, which is removed and the new one is set. And the foundation, its fastening will always remain intact.

GOPR3904.JPG
    GOPR3909.JPG
    GOPR3910.JPG
    GOPR3913.JPG
    GOPR3929.JPG
    GOPR3931.JPG

Remained a little: front and rear bashbars, firewall and the lead of the roll cage on the front glasses. And then paint! After that, there will already be good photos in details. And then assembly and purchase of many goods.

And while I'm working on the bodywork, the order for the wheels on the front, the spare parts for the gearbox, the tail lights and other small items

3. Threadmark: March 2018.
    Tony Jr

Tony Jr New Member

Everything we weld for two months is finally over! And now, as the final chord of this big stage - painting!

IMG_3650.JPG

It turned out, to paint so many pipes - hellishly laborious. Not hard, not complicated, but it is laborious. Approximately 10 hours was spent on coloring ass and face. Primer and acrylic.
    Although as it turned out, I already did it 6 years ago, but forget what is it)) And again decided to do it myself.

Some process:

And the result!

IMG_3653.JPG
    IMG_3655.JPG IMG_3660.JPG
    IMG_3661.JPG
    IMG_3663.JPG
    IMG_3665.JPG
    IMG_3675.JPG
    IMG_3677.JPG IMG_3679.JPG IMG_3681.JPG

The assembly begins. Next - appearance

4. Tony Jr

Tony Jr New Member

It's ready! But, as it turned out, not to battle. Trying to finish the car to the 1 stage of the championship, we did everything, but did not have time to test it. And already in the first races in the training problems got out, which in the end did not manage to be eliminated. Therefore, I suggest simply admiring the new image of our JZ86 2018!

IMG_4343.JPG
    Fully plastic body, not counting the roof

IMG_4344.JPG New polymer disc color. Now, on both axes, the 17-radius wheels

IMG_4393.JPG
    The rear suspension has become lower and softer.

IMG_4397.JPG
    And girls are attracted to it as a magnet :)

9qqRLzxTXnI.

tex5ToixGrs. IMG_3798.JPG IMG_4164.JPG
    New Lights :))

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tony Jr

Tony Jr New Member

f3Ohfx5V0Og.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

amazing work... would love to know the weight and corner balance of it...

7. Tony Jr

Tony Jr New Member

I plan to do it in the coming days!

• Like Like x 1
  8. petterl

petterl New Member

very good work and hard is the most inspiring!

9. R3dd3v1l

R3dd3v1l Member

mental build mate, love the pictures as well!

10. Threadmark: Weight
    Tony Jr

Tony Jr New Member

Some news!

I weighed the car.
    1158 kg
    56,5 / 43,5 balance
    Yes, for AE86 it's a lot. But for drift-car very much even the best weight! The main thing is that I was able to keep balance on the axes. However, there are still problems with cross-balance, but this can be remedied by suspension adjustments.

At the moment, the balance is slightly shifted to the rear axle, lowering the ass suspension.
    As the tests showed, the balance is above all expectations!

IMG_4689.JPG

IMG_4690.JPG

11. Tony Jr

Tony Jr New Member

Some photos from 2 stage of our Champioship

2oNQoWvC4y8. pkhNvHdLzW0. xFQJh8XXZEg. vaFvSjmGdOI.

12. nagami

nagami New Member

great build,love it[​IMG]

13. nagami

nagami New Member

great build,love it[​IMG]

14. petterl

petterl New Member

ae86 killer or the tires!