Connix: The S13 & S14 stories begins...

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Connix, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Connix

Connix Member

Finally it starts... Last Saturday, I finally bought my second car!! :D

My name is Niels and living in Belgium. My daily ride is a Honda Civic EP2 with 110 Hp vtec (incoming lawnmowing jokes in 3,2,1,.... ) I have her for 5 years now and still happy i can drive it. I build it in my student years which makes me even more proud on it. And this is how she looks like these days:

OdO0pEv.

Since a few years, I was dreaming about a project car. Specs it had to have were JDM, RWD, V engine, and manual. However, I started to get familiar with the RX7 FC models and was more thinking about an FB or FC to buy but the rotary was still a doubt because i'm a scientist and don't have enough knowledge for it (others too but ok) and mostly I found a V-engine, but automatic or a diesel one. Somewhere in the line, I fell in love with the s13, probably because a few guys i now have s14's and two of my friends drive a s15. Because I hadn't the money for it, it was just dreaming.

Two years ago, my best friend decided suddenly that he wanted a Skyline R32 GTST and so the next weekend, he bought one. He asked to park it in my garage since I wasn't able to get my Honda in it (underneath my appartment). I can say, it stings when you need to be in the garage ans you see that car standing there, knowing it's not yours :D Untill last Saturday...

I saw this one a month ago on facebook and luckely, I was visiting my girlfriend's parents at the time and it was just around the corner, so I went to see it. I was in doubt because it was already a project car from someone else and sitting there for 3 years. Two weeks ago, I saw that it still wasn't sold so I thought about it and end it up buying it.

DXmD0jm.
    hFEXy71.
    YiWFijm.
    4G5H43Z.
    QrRmZI2.

Speclist:

- CA18DET Stage 3
    - ARP headbolt (google translated not, sure if it's right :p )
    - FMIC
    - Walbro gasolinepump
    - Z32 airmass meter
    - Garret gt28r Turbo
    - 444cc GTR injectors
    - Gerdy Boostcontroller
    - Nistune ECU
    - Race Header and downpipe
    - Battery relocated to the trunk
    - Shortshifter
    - Stage 3 clutch? not sure about this

Since the battery was dead, I installed a new one today and tested everything. Compressiontest has been done and I suspect I got a new engine, all 4 cilinders were giving 0.8 bar, which was said it was almost flawless so i'm very happy with that. Minor points are a zooming sound when my clutch is pushed, transmission is leaking a bit so need to redo that; and a lot of webs in the interior.

To do:
    - cleaning the car
    - check everything for MOT (jacking points are bended and rusty but doable)
    - asap a catback because I have an original atm
    - mapping
    - MOT is for december because then, she turn 25 years and untill the end of 2017 (for now) the car is oldtimer at 25 so less taxes,...

If anyone has questions for me or info/suggestions/improvements, I'll be happy to hear ;)

Ow yeah, forgot to mention. I saw the guy doing the sleeper eyes on the car, but I didn't succeed to do it yet. Anyone who know what I need to do for it like switching a button?

2. Mehmet

Mehmet Member

when i had my s13 it was cutting one of the wiring in back of the switch but cannot remember which one it was do a search im sure you will find out. thats the cheap free way of doing it anyway. good luck with the project dude

3. ianlea73

ianlea73 Well-Known Member

Pull out the pop up switch & snip the brown wire. Double tap the switch & enjoy.

4. Connix

Connix Member

A few months later...
    First of all, I took the car to let the rusty parts fixed. I'm a scientist so not a handyman if it come to welding and stuff.
    gqmKYYxl.

oDXKPNRl.

So after this, I asked the nieghbour to help me with the transmissionleak since it leaked like hell. When we took it off, we saw the problem... bad sealed from the previous owner....
    ehQJtkIl.

Fun discovery. We saw that i have new pistons and cilinderhead? (not sure if it's the right english word).
    Anywho, reinstalled also the headlight since one was cracked

80oEyvkm. qM9dUsbm.
    last but not least, put on a 3" fart can

ClZQnYWl.

After this, i put on some 17" wheels for temporary drive on it since my garage is in the basement and i was almost touching the ground with the 15", not much clearance but it'll do for now
    1pD6NMjl.

That's it for now. The car was loaded up for tuning and hopefully, everything goes as planned.

Oh forgot to mention. So my girlfriend was crazy in love with my s13, so she decided to buy a s14 kouki :D
    9BxniHDl.

5. Connix

Connix Member

Bad news... The mapping didn't go as planned. Apparently, the car was smoking a lot and they did a leak test and compression test. Seems that there's a leak on cilinder 4. They told me that when they installed a new cylinder head they probably didn't tilt, so need to do that before the mapping, trying to get the car asap back to make sure everything is done by this month.

6. 85dirty30

85dirty30 Member

interested to see where this goes, sorry to hear about cylinder 4, hopefully thatll be easily sorted

7. Connix

Connix Member

Quick update, engine is back in one piece, let it run for a while and it didn't smoke as bad as before. Brought my paperwork to an import guy because I miss a part and he will go to the MOT next week and afterwards, it's goes to the mapping. Pictures i'll upload in between the holidays.
    S14 is also going to the MOT next tuesday.

8. Connix

Connix Member

Didn't update this for a while. Well The s13 is still garaged. It's still waiting on some f** paper to be on the road and needs fine tune. In the mean time, got some goodies already delivered thx to jdmdistro. Very happy about the service and the condition of the items, they were in even better shape as they said.
    TL9PAxfm.

In the mean time, the s14 is being driven. Since it's my girlfriends car, she decided that she wanted white pearlscent wheels on it, so I ordered some plastidip and dipped the R33 wheels. I also repainted her front calipers from the yellow to purple with shiny nissan letters. the rears need to be done too soon, but propbably will come when I change the rear brakes.
    GbUpIJpl.

uUkx5zCl.

DWl0lWel.

That's it for now. Within the time, we will keep updating the cars but we're also looking to buy a house so we may have some other priorities then. Time will tell :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Connix

Connix Member

It's been a while. We just enjoyed to drive the S14a last summer while The troubles lasted on my s13 (see topic in technical section) But new year, new promises. I set the goal to get the s13 finally on the road before the summer this year. hopefully I can succeed.

Pictures from our s14
    IMG_0013. IMG_9980. IMG_0029.